» Japanese characters are not correctly in sql
Japanese characters are not correctly in sql
|September 16, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I have to extract Data from a Japanese Navision which is saved on a SQL Server 2005 which saved all the data as varchar and in collation SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AI, Codepage 932
So the Data is basicly saved liket his:
So I need to extract this Data with SSIS and somehow get the real japanese characters back.
The Destination DB is in Latin1_General_CI_AS, Codepage 1252
Is there a way to make this work?
More Related Questions
- How do I perform an accent insensitive compare (e with è, é, ê and ë) in SQL Server? I'm looking to compare two varchars in SQL, one would be something like Cafe and the other Café is there a way in SQL that will allow the two values to be compared. For instance:
- Convert XML to minimal branches to import into SQL Server with SSIS I have a complex XML file that I am trying to import into SQL Server using SQL Server Data Tools. The issue is that there are many nested elements. The SSIS XML Source identifies each […]
- How to know in which line SSIS failed to parse the data from a flat file I have a flat file from which I am importing the data to a DB using SSIS. When the SSIS is failing it is just reporting that a particular column has failed importing. But to be more […]
- Update statement to update ProjectId based on projectName where ProjectId does not exist. I have two different databases from which I am attempting to merge data. Currently there are Projects and Users assigned to the Projects. Users can work on many (more than 1) projects at a […]
- SQL CONCAT – Funny characters – but Im not laughing I am using this query to produce a blog archive menu, like so:
SELECT CONCAT( MONTHNAME(published) , ' ' , YEAR(published)) AS monthyear,
COUNT(*) AS total
- How to SELECT * INTO [temp table] FROM [stored procedure] How do I do a SELECT * INTO [temp table] FROM [stored procedure]? Not FROM [Table] and without defining [temp table]?
Select all data from BusinessLine into tmpBusLine works fine.
- How do I create unique constraint that also allows nulls in sql server Adding a column to table, and I want a unique constraint, so the column will insert GUID's, but to allow for existing data before column was added, I need to allow for NULL's in the […]
- How can I do an UPDATE statement with JOIN in SQL? I need to update this table in MS SQL Server 2005 with data from its 'parent' table, see below:
- Cast collation of nvarchar variables in t-sql I need to change the collation of an nvarchar variable. By documentation:
3. The COLLATE clause can be specified
at several levels. These include the
- How do I see what character set a database / table / column is in MySQL? How do I see what the character set that a MySQL database, table and column are in? Is there something like
SHOW CHARACTER SET FOR mydatabase;
SHOW CHARACTER SET FOR […]