» Ive installed Ubuntu 13.04 (using something else) and now I cannot boot windows 8
Ive installed Ubuntu 13.04 (using something else) and now I cannot boot windows 8
|January 6, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
Hello everyone I’m new to Ubuntu so I probably messed something up. When I installed Ubuntu on my windows 8 hp laptop it did not give me the option to install Ubuntu alongside windows so I installed it using the something else option.
I think I may have messed up during the partitioning but I’m not sure.
When I turned on the PC it at first directly booted up Ubuntu without showing me the grub screen, eventually I was able to get the grub screen to appear but it does not recognize windows. I ran boot repair and I was given this url : http://paste.ubuntu.com/6701216/ .
Boot-repair did not solve my problem.
Thanks for any help guys I really want to be able to run windows alongside Ubuntu and access the files that are in windows.
More Related Questions
- Partition size for dual boot with Win 8 (UEFI) and Ubuntu (latest desktop version) If I create a partition on my hard drive for Ubuntu so it can run alongside Win 8 is it possible to alter the size of that partition later?
Does the installation DVD for 13.04 come with a […]
- I dont get this message: "If you have Linux installed, please reinit its boot loader" I just used Paragon Partition Manager Free Edition 2014 on my Windows 8 to transfer space from one of my Windows logical partition to my Ubuntu Linux partition (I have only one partition […]
- Ubuntu installer cant recognize Windows 7 On my laptop HP Pavilion 15 I've installed Windows 7 with 3 partitions.
After that I wanted to install Ubuntu in a certain partition (empty one), but when I launch Ubuntu installer it […]
- Configuring grub-pc: GRUB failed to install to the following devices I was running Windows 7 when I decided to delete some partitions belonging to an installation of Fedora. When I shut down Windows and returned to it, I found this error message:
error: no […]
- Installing Ubuntu and Windows 8 on SSD and user files on HDD Quick note about my system: I have an absolutely clean (in terms of data on hard drives) laptop with a 128gb SSD and 1TB HDD, both secure boot and UEFI can be disabled in bios menu.
- Installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 7, installer ignores one of the logical drives On my PC, where I want to install Ubuntu 12.04 alongside existing Windows 7, there is a single physical drive consisting of:
System Reserved / 100 MB NTFS / System, Active, Primary […]
- Unable to satisfy all constraints on the partition when installing Ubuntu from USB I've prepared a PC for installing Ubuntu 12.04 LTS alongside Windows Vista. These are the steps I've taken:
1) Shrunk the C: drive to create 60GB for Ubuntu. The Disk Management utility […]
- Windows 7 side by side with Ubuntu I have Ubuntu already installed. I wanted to get windows 7 as well, I followed the instructions I was given, to partition my hard drive and to format it to a NTFS for Windows but now When […]
- Ubuntu 13.04 – dual boot problem – unable to mount windows 8 partition i installed ubuntu 13.04 alongside windows 8 and almost everything works fine (dual boot for both windows 8 & ubuntu 13.04 is working great).
but when i try to access my windows 8 […]
- cant boot windows 7 after ubuntu 12.04 LTS installation I installed Ubuntu, but the installation was primitive and probably the wrong edition. It was suggested it may have been the server edition. When I tried to re-install the proper edition, […]