» Intel Graphis card not updating. Problem with ppa?
Intel Graphis card not updating. Problem with ppa?
|July 23, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I’m trying to update my graphics card. Info:
description: VGA compatible controller
product: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 2
bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
width: 64 bits
capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
I tried doing this in two ways:
1 . Command Line:
First add repository:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:glasen/intel-driver
sudo apt-get update
This updates everything, then eventually I get a problem:
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/glasen/intel-driver/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/glasen/intel-driver/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-i386/Packages 404 Not Found
E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
2 . Intel(R) Graphics Installer for Linux:
I downloaded it from this site
Then ran the program, and let it do it’s thing. Eventually I got this error:
W:GPG error: https://download.01.org trusty InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY A902DDA375E52366, W:Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/glasen/intel-driver/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found
, W:Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/glasen/intel-driver/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-i386/Packages 404 Not Found
, E:Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
Both error look the same, but I don’t quite understand it.
How do I upgrade my graphics card driver?
More Related Questions
- Updating problems Ubuntu 12.10 Whenever I try to update my computer by opening the Update Manager I get this problem and it just closes. Can someone help me?
W:GPG error: http:/packages.medibuntu.org quantal InRelease: […]
- Err http://ppa.launchpad.net raring/main amd64 Packages sudo apt-get update:
Translation-en Fetched 973 kB in 33s (28,8 kB/s) W: Failed to fetch
- Fail to download repository information Why lately I've been getting this error when I try to update my computer?
W:Failed to fetch […]
- Unable to upgrade to newest version of Ubunty from 12.10 Trying to upgrade to newest Ubuntu from 12.10. The update manager says
failed to download repository information. Check your internet connection
I checked my internet connection(s), and […]
- Trying to run the command sudo apt-get update After the command sudo apt-get update runs completely, it gives me the following errors:
W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net trusty Release: The following signatures couldn't be […]
- Cant add any PPA without loosing the ability to update Fresh install of 13.04 (64 Bit).
If I install any PPA (I tested), I loose the ability to update my software. Here is an example using Music (Noise, Elementary).
W: Failed to fetch […]
- Software Updater fail, and "apt-get update" throws "Invalid operation update" – what next? I'm running a fairly vanilla 14.04 Ubuntu on a newish HP desktop. Just yesterday I got the dreaded "Failed to download repository information":
A screenshot of this window has been seen […]
- Issue with Ubuntu Software Centre – Error Message i know this question may have been asked a lot before but im relatively new to ubuntu so was hoping for some specific instructions to remedy the problem im having.
My problem is that i […]
- OSD Lyrics on Ubuntu 13.04 Guys how do I install OSD Lyrics on Ubuntu 13.04 ?
I added the repo, but when installing it comes :
Fetched 1,132 kB in 47s (23.8 kB/s)
W: Failed to fetch […]
- How to take control over update action? I have message (motd - message of the day) that there's some updates for my server.
Now, if I don't want simply to do what they told me (apt-get update, apt-get upgrade) and to have some […]