» Installing ubuntu 14.04 alongside windows8
Installing ubuntu 14.04 alongside windows8
|September 15, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I install windows 8 and want to install ubuntu 14.04 alongside it but when I boot from usb (Live ubuntu)cann’t see my partion and when I use Gparted the whole space is free.(the type of windows partitions are basic also)Is there any solution?who can help me?
More Related Questions
- Do I have to partition the drive in windows before installing Ubuntu? Very quick and simple question but just want to make sure before I go ahead and install. I understand that Ubuntu 12.04.2 comes with the necessary keys to install alongside windows 8 with […]
- Dual Boot Ubuntu 14.04 with Windows 7 on UEFI I just built a new computer last week, and this weekend I got around to attempting to install Ubuntu 14.04 on it besides Windows 7. This is my first experience really using UEFI, so I was […]
- How to Install ubuntu, problems with disk partitions I couldn't install Ubuntu since the unallocated space is not shown in Ubuntu installer or Gparted, and the "Install along side Windows" option is not listed.
Screen shot of Disk […]
- Dual booting Windows8 and Ubuntu on 2 separate drives: the allocation slider: What is left what is right So I just added an old 120GB HDD that I scavenged from my dead xbox360 to my computer, and it works perfectly, I have used it already on windows simply to store files.
Now I want to use […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 installation doesnt show options to dual-boot with windows 7 I'm trying to install Ubuntu 14.04 64bit to my Acer am3400 and dual-boot with windows 7.
My hard drive already has four partitions: two small ones, the windows 7 and an empty D partition, […]
- Ubuntu Server with ubuntu desktop does not have boot record, but it did when it was just basic server The title says it all.
I started by installing "server" with the ubuntu desktop package, and when it finished and rebooted: nothing. It completed full installation, rebooted, and there […]
- Grub rescue mode error So I've messed up my install completely via ignorance. I'd had windows 8 Pro and ubuntu 14, which I installed using unetbootin and a USB, running on partitions on my hard drive, then […]
- Ive installed Ubuntu 13.04 (using something else) and now I cannot boot windows 8 Hello everyone I'm new to Ubuntu so I probably messed something up. When I installed Ubuntu on my windows 8 hp laptop it did not give me the option to install Ubuntu alongside windows so I […]
- Cant boot in windows 8 after upgrade to 14.04 As advised I am asking here about my problem. After upgrade to ubuntu 14.04 I can't boot in windows 8.1. Right away after upgrade I noticed that few of my previous options are missing in […]
- Problems recovering Ubuntu OR Reinstalling Ubuntu alongside Win8 I am trying to get linux back running on my laptop that has Win8.
It used to run before I upgraded to Win8.1 but now, whenever I choose Linux in the boot menu it just returns some […]