» Installing Ubuntu 12.10 AMD64 in my VM
Installing Ubuntu 12.10 AMD64 in my VM
|April 28, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I installed Ubuntu 12.10 AMD64 in my VMPlayer.(Host OS WIN-8,processor:AMD A10 apu quadCore)
But the desktop screen seems got stuck after the log-in.
The upper-pannel is not visible, though on right click the options are coming.
Can anyone please suggest me what i’m lacking.
More Related Questions
- How do I migrate currently installed Ubuntu to a Virtual Machine? I'm finding that my graphics drivers (ATI Radeon HD 4200) run MUCH better in a native windows system, I can't even get the closed-source drivers working in Ubuntu, thus leading me to want […]
- Why I am getting a black screen when trying to log into e17? Normal 12.10 install, I installed e17 via the console
sudo apt-get install e17
It works fine on my VM install of Ubuntu 12.10 running on my Mac, but on my laptop it just stops at a black […]
- Gwoffice 0.97 has a dependency issue and wont install When trying to install the latest version of gwoffice 0.97 I get:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
gwoffice : Depends: libgranite1 but it is not installable
E: Unable to […]
- Black screen when lunching games and apps – 12.04 with AMD when I try to open some programs like Treeworlds and Stellarium I get black screen (I can hear the sound) But nothing appears on the screen. My Graphic card is AMD HD Radeon 7670M And i […]
- HP Pavilion dv6-6b26sa shutdown thermal overheating I recently installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my laptop. Since installing it, I can use it for about 30-45 minutes before it shuts down and on next reboot I get a warning about thermal […]
- Ubuntu 12.10 64b does not shutdown I am a new linux user so i am not familiar with what actually is needed to check.
When shutting down or trying to restart i get a screen with yellow letters and the system does not close […]
- I cant install Ubuntu 12.10 on my notebook/ When I install on notebook (HP Pavilion dv6-3110er. AMD N830 2100MHz / ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470) Ubuntu 12.10 x64, the installation freezes on the logo. Throws an error failed to load […]
- fglrx works on Ubuntu 12.10 (32-bit), but not Ubuntu 12.10 (64-bit) on the same computer. How do I fix it on the 64-bit install? I have followed instructions for every option listed here (uninstalling in between attempts, of course), but each one results in Unity not loading; no sidebar, no desktop icons, and no […]
- Accidentally killed Unity; got it back, but now theres no window manager Today I was trying to resolve a longstanding annoyance, the fact that changes I make in CompizConfig Settings Manager do not persist after a reboot. Googling around, I saw that this […]
- Ubuntu 12.10 and ia32-libs error When trying to install ia32-libs I get his error
apt-get install ia32-libs
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages […]