» Installing 14.04 from ubuntu-14.04-desktop-amd64.iso with pxe
Installing 14.04 from ubuntu-14.04-desktop-amd64.iso with pxe
|September 5, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
We’re trying to do an automated network installation using pxe.
We installed netboot tools (14.04 LTS) and extracted the ubuntu-14.04-desktop-amd64.iso contents into http server.
We saw that we have to download missing repository main/debian-installer (about 50MB) which is necessary for netboot installation, but it is not included within the iso distribution file.
Installation process begin, and failed during “Download installer components” phase saying the installer failed to download a file from the mirror.
The question is “Is it possible to add main/debian-installer repository to the original ubuntu-14.04-desktop-amd64.iso contents and how ?”. We want to do automatic installation without Internet access.
More Related Questions
- Installing and Configuring Mumble Server I'm looking to setup a Mumble Server. I will be running it from an Ubuntu 14.04 (64 bit) powered VPS provided by DigitalOcean. Setup of the server seems easy, install the murmur package, […]
- How to install Juniper VPN on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS? Could you please help me ?
On my old Ubuntu 13.10 I was able to run Juniper VPN (on Firefox only) using a workaround which requires you to install the missing 32libs and IcedTea […]
- how to respond to question in output of debian-installer When installing Ubuntu Server 14.04, the installer stops in the step Select and install software at 67%. When I have a look at VC4 I see that a question about the replacement of a file is […]
- Network indicator missing in ubuntu 14.04 64 bit Network indicator is been missing from top right corner panel in Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit
When I run #sudo nm-applet
nm-applet-Message: using fallback from indicator to […]
- cannot make sublime text 3 work on ubuntu 14.04 Downloaded different versions and from different places, still cannot get it work on 14.04. I could get it to run successfully on OS X and Ubuntu 12.04.
drwxrwxrwx 5 root root […]
- Can not Install `banshee-extension-lyrics` in ubuntu 14.04 64 bit I am trying to install banshee-extension-lyrics extension. By sudo apt-get install banshee-extension-lyrics. But the I got this error as below.
rashed@rashed-HP-430-Notebook-PC:~$ sudo […]
- How to install classicmenu-indicator or python-appindicator on Ubuntu 14.04 x64? I installed Ubuntu 14.04 x64.
When I try to install classicmenu-indicator it says about unresolved dependency python-appindicator
When I try to install python-appindicator it tries to […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 64bit – computer shuts down by itself After I installed Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit on my Lenovo ThinkPad T61 today, I could boot up Ubuntu without problem but after I run the Software Center, Additional Driver, or Firefox, the […]
- What is recommended size or ram for ubuntu 64bit virtualbox host? I want to use ubuntu 14.04 64bit as a host to run virtual box. Some places say that the minimum ram requirement for ubuntu is 512mb where as on the downloads section it says that 64bit is […]
- Ubuntu Network installation gives warning, tried with 2-3 images I am trying to install Ubuntu using PXE Boot. I want to automate the whole process. But inbetween, it stucks at one point when it looks for […]