» I ran 11.04 on a Mac and I loved it. Why does it look different on a PC?
I ran 11.04 on a Mac and I loved it. Why does it look different on a PC?
|January 2, 2012
Posted by forumadmin
I booted a Ubuntu 11.04 live CD on a Mac and I fell in love with the interface. So I decided to install it on my PC. Imagine my dismay when the interface was just the blah standard Windows style Ubuntu I’ve always been used to. I just really like the Mac-like interface I saw on the Mac.
Is there a way to see/install Ubuntu on a PC and have it use the Mac interface?
I don’t want it to emulate Mac. I want it to look and behave like Ubuntu Live as it defaults on a Mac machine.
More Related Questions
- Please help! Configuring a network interface and changing mac adress permanently I need to configure a network interface permanently eth1 and to change the MAC address with the specified format : AA:BB:CC:DD:x:y, before the interface is up.
- interface changed after restart on Xubuntu Something happened a few times after using Xubuntu since 1 month ago. A few times after i restarted my laptop the interface was totally changed.
The icons from the panel were different […]
- Ubuntu menu and applications bar gone, and some programs too I was following this guide (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenCV) in order to install openCV.
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install libavformat-dev
- Why is Unity a "slow" desktop environment? Background
First of all, this is not a question about opinions. I am assuming that we are talking about Unity 3D and on a computer with decent graphics configuration. By "desktop […]
- How to upgrade Shutdown dialog just like Ubuntu 13.04 in Ubuntu 12.04? Is there any way to change the Shutdown / Restart dialog to the more pleasant version running in Ubuntu 13.04's? I am running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and do not want to upgrade to 13.04. This is […]
- Error: partition table requires a separate partition for boot loader code (EFI issue) The Issue
I'm trying to install Ubuntu 12.04 (64-bit, Mac alternate) on my 13" MacBook Pro (model 7,1. Mid-2010). The MacBook Pro is running OSX 10.8.3 and I'm trying to make it […]
- Mac boot from Ubuntu installed on a USB drive I have a USB drive with Ubuntu installed on it (on a Live USB, it actually has Ubuntu installed on it), and it works seamlessly when I try to boot my PC from it.
When I try to boot my […]
- Create bootable USB of Ubuntu on Mac for a failed partial ubuntu install So I have 3 computers at my disposal, and would like to wipe my failed partial ubuntu update on COMP1 (which is also locked out from incorrect logins) (originally 12.04, failed partial of […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 on Apple Macbook Air late 2010, 3-2 – installation not possible Starting from a live usb stick, according to: create a usb stick on mac osx
is not possible.
I downloaded ubuntu-14.04-desktop-amd64+mac.iso
The same behaviour appears with rEFIt […]
- PowerPC version of Ubuntu 10.10 or 10.04 wont boot on my Mac Startup Disk does not see it as bootable. Holding down C gives up and ejects it. I have tried PPC version of CDs for both Lucid and Maverick.The machine is a 867 MHz PowerPC G4 with 512 […]