» I just installed a 14.04 32 bit update, and now I get no Video using N-Vidia drivers
I just installed a 14.04 32 bit update, and now I get no Video using N-Vidia drivers
|August 9, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I just performed a suggested update by the Update Manager on Ubuntu 14.04, and now I get no video when I reboot.
I get the splash screen, then it goes black.
Can I somehow switch back to default X drivers from terminal?
More Related Questions
- problem with update ubuntu 14.04 dell vostro 3400 my problems is the next:
I have installed ubuntu 14.04 in my laptop dell vostro 3400, before the installation ubuntu did not start due to the Nvidia video (black screen), so I was […]
- Update Youtubes interface on 12.04? I noticed that in my windows partition, YT updated their video's interface, with a clean black one and "shiny" buttons, but in my 12.04 partition with Unity I still have the older version, […]
- Odd flickering after video driver update I'm not sure how to describe this other than to show you guys. I captured a video and uploaded it to YouTube here: http://youtu.be/Bp25Fyy_GsI
Notice how the tab selection keeps changing […]
- Problem with latest nvidia driver update I just updated the nvidia driver, provided by Canonical.
I used first the 304 one, then changed to the 319 one and everything worked fine.
But since the latest update (to version 331), […]
- 12.04.2 update problems I'm having problems with the update to 12.04.2 (x64).
I ran the updates and rebooted the machine. It started backup in TTY1 (I've had this happen before no biggy) so I hit Ctrl+Alt+F7 […]
- Nvidia drivers cause blank screen I installed Ubuntu a few days ago, and decided to install Steam. After installing Steam, I downloaded Metro: Last Light. Using the open-source driver, I got a black flash, and the game […]
- Ubuntu 12.04 Flash problems When I'm watching a video played by Flash Player, after approximately 20 minutes, the video starts to be slow and it loses the audio/video synchronization, and as more time passes, the […]
- desktop doesnt load properly when logging in I have had ubuntu installed on my desktop computer for a few months now,and after an update a error message showed up on both lightdm and when i logged in saying 'could not apply the […]
- Nvidia GTX 460M laggy display The best way to describe what is happening with words is to think of a video where if I grabbed my nautilus window and moved it from one side of the screen to the other. Now think of that […]
- Video tearing on flash fullscreen I had some trouble with video tearing (using Nvidia GeForce 560Ti, with 310.44 nvidia driver), but could solve it by setting refresh rate from 50 to 120 in compiz settings manager -> […]