» I cant get my usb modem to work (Huawei, 14.04)
I cant get my usb modem to work (Huawei, 14.04)
|July 4, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I am new to Ubuntu – I just installed it yesterday and I have been having some problems.
I would very much like to use my USB Mobile Broadband modem to gain access to the internet so I can do things like download WINE and run steam.I know the Modem is working because I am using right now in Windows 8. But I simply cannot get it to work.I went to the connections manager and had some trouble but to no avail.I also tried to launch the built in .exe (which I know doesn’t work on Ubuntu.)
I searched for something that is the Ubuntu version of a .exe but couldn’t find anything.I downloaded WINE on windows and tried to open it in Ubuntu but still couldn’t get it right. I think that if I could get my internet to work I could download it from the Software centre and then hopefully have more success. I could also access the internet to search for solutions without having to restart my computer.I have searched for some time now for something to do but came up with nothing so if there is another thread that deals with the problem sorry.
I have the latest Ubuntu (14.04 LTS). The modem is [by] Huawei, and the service provider is 8ta. Thanks in advance.
More Related Questions
- Huawei e173s 3G USB dongle wont switch into modem mode Output of
lsusb | grep Huawei
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 12d1:1c0b Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E173s 3G broadband stick (modem off)
I've checked if usb_modeswitch is set up […]
- Huawei E173s modem dongle is recognized only on USB port 2 I finally made my Huawei E173s usb modem work on Ubuntu 12.04 lts and Asus 1015E-DS03 netbook (sandy Bridge) but it is only recognized on port 2.
Does any body knows why is this?
Is there […]
- How to set modem ON (Huawei Mobile broadband) I have Ubuntu 14.04 and problem with Mobile Internet (Huawei USB-stick). When stick is plugged in upper left USB slot, everything works fine, when is plugged in any of two slots in lower […]
- Intenet USB 3G modem Huawei E173s-65 working annormally in Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr BackGround
The USB modem was initially not working, I found that the issue was mainly because of the new implementation of the modem manager package, so I had to downgrade it to the […]
- modemmanager detecting wrong modem since upgrade too Ubuntu 14.04 lsusb show the correct modem and modem manufacture
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux […]
- Mobile broadband with Huawei E1552/E1800 I can't establish the mobile broadband connection (I created the new connection in NW) via USB 3.0 on Dell Inspiron 5520. Ubuntu 12.04.
Bus 003 Device 005: ID 12d1:1446 Huawei […]
- Why Network Manager Cant Detect My ZTE USB 3G Modem! I am using ubuntu 12.10.
I use a ZTE USB 3G Modem to connect to internet. I connect that modem through a driver software which was provided with the modem. This modem works fine. I can […]
- Huawei E303C Problem / Problema con Modem Huawei E303C TRANSLATED:
I am really a new Ubuntu user, but for some time ago, I have tried Xubuntu and I liked it. Because of this I went a little further to Ubuntu.
Right now, I am having this […]
- Getting HUAWEI Mobile Broadband E173 to work in Ubuntu 13.10 I'm trying to get a/an Huawei E173 Mobile Broadband USB device to work with the Network Manager components in the GUI (Ubuntu 13.10). I'm having no luck, but I can get it working […]
- My D-Link DWM-156 doesnt work with SIM Card inserted I have a D-Link DWM-156 HSPA Modem, that I bought just a few days ago. The modem has drivers in its internal storage. There are Debian Software Packages for both i386 and amd64, so […]