» How to push to git on EC2
How to push to git on EC2
|January 8, 2011
Posted by forumadmin
I am trying to follow this instruction. I have a local git repo and when I do a git push, I need the repo to be pushed to my EC2 instance.
But, in the above tutorial, when I do a
git push origin master, I get
Permission denied (publickey) error because I did not specify the identity file.
Say, I login to EC2 like this:
ssh -i my_key.pem email@example.com
So, can I do something similar here to:
git -i my_key.pem push origin master or set the identity file in
So, how can I set it up?
Update: Output of
git config -l
Update (from @Jon’s comment):
If you have your key in an odd path just run
ssh-add /private/key/path. This worked for me.
More Related Questions
- Symfony2 Project Runs On Localhost, Has File Finding Problems On EC2 I have a Symfony2 project that uses quite a few 3rd Party bundles. I use Sonata Admin Bundle for the application admin. I am almost finished with my project development and I'm trying to […]
- Django on AWS EC2 – Do I need anything installed on my local computer? My host OS is Windows 8. I downloaded VMWare Player and did all my Django stuff using Lubuntu through VMware Player. Now, my Django project is complete and I want to make it accessible […]
- "Class not found" using php/silex I set up a Silex-project local using a XAMPP on Mac. Everything works fine. Now I uploaded the files to my Amazon ec2 server and tried to run it. I always get the php errormessage:
- amazon aws ec2 iis setup – 404 errors I am struggling to set a test website up in iis using Windows Server 2012, Amazon aws ec2.
I have followed many tutorials online, and have created a new website within iis, I think all […]
- No permissions to upload files after installing WordPress on EC2 – Amazon Tutorial quite a noob here. Was just able to install a WordPress following this Amazon tutorial:
Tutorial: Hosting a WordPress Blog with Amazon EC2
The thing is, that I cant upload any images. […]
- How to automatically launch a Gradle based Java application/daemon on startup in Linux? I have a Gradle based Java application. The app is actually a daemon. On my local box, I can start the daemon by running:
> gradle run
That works great, but what I need is a way to […]
- Tried to follow the EC2 Juju guide and it fails I am evaluating Juju and when following the very basic tutorial https://juju.ubuntu.com/docs/getting-started.html, literally following every single instruction to a T, all I end up when […]
- Amazon EC2 keypair recovery I need to know of any way to access a running instance in Amazon EC2.
I DON'T have the original keypair ".pem" file
I DO have access to the aws management console
- Add Keypair to existing EC2 instance I was given AWS Console access to an account with 2 instances running that I cannot shut down (in production). I would however like to gain SSH access to these instances, is it possible to […]
- scp (secure copy) to ec2 instance without password I have an EC2 instance running (FreeBSD 9 AMI ami-8cce3fe5), and I can ssh into it using my amazon-created key file without password prompt, no problem.
However, when I want to copy a […]