» How to PERMANENT remove Rhythmbox, VLC etc under sound
How to PERMANENT remove Rhythmbox, VLC etc under sound
|August 23, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
While using dconf. it temporarily removes but always reappear or reset and these media player sit just under sound menu. Ubuntu sound menu option looks like dogs tail. Never gonna be straight. I have tried several alternative method but all of them just temporary. VLC, Rhythmbox comes again under sound icon on Ubuntu 14.04
What to do? How to remove them permanently all media player under sound icon but not from system.
I have tried several method but all are temporary solution, Please give permanent solution.
More Related Questions
- How to integrate VLC media player to sound indicator on Ubuntu panel? How to make VLC music player (or any other player ) default music player and integrate it to the sound indicator in Ubuntu panel in Ubuntu 13.10. RhythmBox is the player currently […]
- No Sound on Saved Media Playback The sound works when playing streaming videos. However, there is no sound when playing saved/downloaded videos using media player or VLC. It started after I ran apt-get upgrade.
- rhythmbox wont play radio stations from 13.04 It has been a long time since I last tried, but Rhythmbox won't play the radio stations that used to play perfectly well. I haven't tried for > 6 months. The station I want to hear is […]
- Sound is too fast in chrome using Flash player I have NPAPI flash player disabled and everything runs fine until I use VLC player.
So, the thing is: I open Chrome, then VLC, watch the movie there (not necessary till the end), stop it […]
- Ubuntu Studio 14.04 – VLC Audio, Video Issues I recently upgraded from Ubuntu Studio 12.04 to 14.04 (32-bit). Since then, VLC Media Player has not been working properly when playing live TV from Comcast.
The TV signal goes from a […]
- Audio applications not playing on 14.04 I recently installed Ubuntu 14.04 from scratch, overwriting 13.10. Ever since then, I haven't been able to play audio in most desktop media applications: Spotify, Rhythmbox, Pithos, […]
- Ubuntu 14.04, Rhythmbox, missing gstreamer1.0-libav (i386) plugin dependencies I've recently updated Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04 (64 bit version).
The problem that I've noticed is that Rhythmbox
cannot play ALAC (m4a) files. Also, when I run some radio stations,
- Is there any way to enable voice over for iPod not using iTunes? I have an iPod shuffle which works fine: I can add and remove songs via Rhythmbox.
According to Apple page my iPod is able to talk the name of the songs:
Give your songs a voice.
- Trouble playing and ripping CD audio files on Linux Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit I'm trying to rip audio files from a CD onto a subdirectory of the Music directory. My Linux 12.04 LTS 32-bit came with Audacity, Brasero, Banshee, and Rhythmbox. (Yes, not one, four […]
- Sound coming after stopping rythmbox I was playing songs for approx. 25 mins and meanwhile I was working with too many pacakges like torrent downloader,Eclipse, Firefox ,File Browser and some other apps when I Stopped […]