» How to make Nvidia logo always visible before login screen?
How to make Nvidia logo always visible before login screen?
|September 13, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
After installing Nvidia drivers from the manufacturer’s website, I sometimes get a nice Nvidia logo (full screen) right before the login screen appears, and sometimes I get straight to the login screen without the Nvidia logo. Is there any command or tweak to keep this Nvidia logo always visible before getting to the login screen?
I know this is not a big issue, the system does not complain at all about the nvidia logo, and runs as smoothly as possible, but I would like to see that nice logo from Nvidia each time I boot Ubuntu (in my particular case, it is Xubuntu 12.04.5 but I experienced same issue with Ubuntu 12.04.4, Ubuntu 13.10 and also with the infamous Ubuntu 14.04).
Many thanks, by the way, to all Ubuntu developers who put together Ubuntu 12.04.5 and all its “relatives” (best Ubuntu version ever in my opinion!).
More Related Questions
- Black Screen on Login I have serached around, but no fix could help me. Here's what happened:
A few days ago, for no reason, I couldn't see the login screen on my Ubuntu 12.04. nor do anything but reboot using […]
- Purple/Pink lines on screen after login on Ubuntu Desktop 13.04 I downloaded Ubuntu 13.04 and I loaded up the live system. It loaded up fine but when I clicked on the Ubuntu logo purple and pink lines appeared on screen and they didn't go away so I […]
- boot – Ubuntu hangs at purple screen after upgrade to 13.04 I was using Ubuntu 12.10 and upgraded to 13.04
Now Ubuntu just hangs at purple screen.
I have tried installed KDM and switched to KDM. I get the login prompt at KDM but login fails and […]
- how to change unity-greeter logo position on ubuntu 13.04 I am trying to change the logo position.
I removed and replaced the file here
The problem is the logo is not in the right position.
Is there any […]
- Can I remove or hide inscriptions on boot logo? I'm using proprietary nvidia driver and while the system is booting I can see the inscriptions on boot logo sometimes like starting daemon.............ok and so on. These inscriptions are […]
- Tried installing Nvidia driver 310, wont boot I've read a few other similar questions but all of their solutions require the use of a terminal (from what I gather) and, sorry to be a bit of a newb here, but I can't seem to get to a […]
- (Problem) Nvidia GTX 760 on ubuntu 13.10 64bit After several years of using dual boot (windows to play and Ubuntu to work) I decided to just use ubuntu, but I have a problem after installing nvidia-drivers 331.20 and reboot the screen […]
- Installing latest Nvidia from Xorg PPA gives black screen After several years of using dual boot (windows to play and Ubuntu to work) I decided to just use ubuntu, but I have a problem after installing nvidia-drivers 331.20 and rebooting the […]
- Black screen with nVidia drivers on ubuntu I have: ASUS P4V800D-X Intel Pentium 4 HT 2.80GHz 2.5GB RAM 40GB HDD nVidia 9500GT
When I installed nVidia drivers downloaded from nvidia.com website (selected recommended drivers), I […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 stalling with black screen w/ white cursor The system will get to the Plymouth 'ubuntu' screen, load load, all dots filled, switches over to LightDM, but wait! No LightDM. :I Just a blank screen with that white cursor. Can't switch […]