» How to link the window close (red x) to a function to close all threads in PyQt?
How to link the window close (red x) to a function to close all threads in PyQt?
|June 30, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
Currently I am working on a GUI application that is developed in
The functionality of this GUI contains several threads. I assume this is the reason that when I simply click the red x in the corner of the window.
It doesn’t fully close the process (despite the visual aspect of the GUI disappearing).
Is there a way I can link the x in the main window to a close function that stops all threads?
I am new to
PyQt so go easy on me! (Also, I believe all of my threads are Python threads, not Qthreads)
More Related Questions
- Infinite background while loop in PyQt I want to write a QT program in Python and it is supposed to continuously look for updates. Just like
would do in a console based program.
Is there a […]
- Building PyQT App for Macosx Hi I am trying to build one simple PyQt app for mac osx using cx_freeze, the building process completed without any error and it is creating Myapplication.app file. But When I am trying […]
- Qt and context menu i need to create a context menu on right clicking at my window. But i really don't know what should i do. Are there any widgets or i must make it by my hands?
Programming language: […]
- How to install SIP+PyQt with apt-get + pip + virtualenv? [I originally posted this question, under a different title, in StackOverflow (here), but later I realized that my problem is very specific to apt-get, hence I am re-posting it here. […]
- PySide / Qt : Too many arguments to connect a signal to a slot? I'm trying to connect a custom signal (in a TCP client class) to a method that updates a log with the data sent by the server and whatnot.
Here's the declaration of the TCP client […]
- PySide using Style Sheets to change QtoolBox I'm Wondering if somebody knows a better reference than the QT one for style sheets.
I try to change the background of the content from a QToolBox but background-color only changes the […]
- Auto resizing qt application. (main window) I've recently started development in qt and so far it's going good. Now my question is : can I auto re-size qt application as per my screen resolution ? Say, I 've a main window designed […]
- QNativeImage: Unable to attach to shared memory segment. I saw there is one same thread: OpenCv Error in C Wrapper for imread: QNativeImage: Unable to attach to shared memory segment That thread was posted about 4 months ago. No any answer. […]
- Stylesheets, widgets hidden and sizes in Qt There is a big problem with styleheets.
If you set the sizes through the style sheet by setting max and min values the same (fixed size) or whatever, and then you try to fetch them using […]
- Propagate custom QEvent to parent widget in Qt/PyQt Fist, apologies for the length of the question.
I am trying to propagate custom Qt event from child widgets to a top parent widget in order to trigger some action based on event type […]