» how to install Canon printer driver 2.80?
how to install Canon printer driver 2.80?
|May 27, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
Setup: Canon MF4150 printer, Ubuntu 14.04 or 12.04
I am new to Linux so I spent the past few weeks playing with Ubuntu. The most important issue I had was getting the printer to work and share on Windows network. I downloaded the driver from Canon’s web site and installed the .deb files, but the printer did not work and I literally tried everything until I came across a post so I am sharing what worked for me.
On ubuntu 14.04 64 bit system, you must first install the 32 bit drivers first starting with cndrvcups-common_2.80-1_i386.deb which you double click and the Software Center will launch and install. I got an error message on ubuntu 12.04, but no error message on 14.04 and either way it’s fine. After that you just install the 64 bit drivers and it should work. I can print, scan ok and also print from Windows 7 through Samba.
More Related Questions
- Making Canon LBP6000 printer work under Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit Previously, I have successfully used this Canon LBP6000 printer under Ubuntu 12.04 (32-bit). Recently, I upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit). Already several hours have been wasted making […]
- Installation of a Canon MF8380Cdw on Ubuntu 14.04LTS I am trying to install a Canon Color imageCLASS MF8380Cdw in a 64-bit installation of Ubuntu 14.04. I was able to download the Linux drivers here: […]
- Problem to Connect Canon printer in Ubuntu I want to connect Canon printers like LBP2900B and LBP6900 in Ubuntu. I downloaded the required printer driver and installed it as per the attached guideline, but I still can't print […]
- Canon MF4770n driver installation for Ubuntu 14.04 I installed the driver and it seems to be installed fine, since it gets rendered, but it never gets to the printer. It will not even print a test page so far.
I would be happy to even use […]
- Canon LBP2900 printer installed, but does not print, only piles up in print queue I Installed canon LBP2900 printer on Ubuntu 12.04, 32 bit machine, 14.04 also does not work. I used following documents as reference while installing.
How to install Canon LBP2900 […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 cannot print through Canon MF8200 series printer I have recently upgraded to 14.04(64bit).
My printer used to work on my Ubuntu 12.04 (32bit), but now cannot print.
The printer have all the packages successfully installed, and printer […]
- Cant get my Canon LBP printer to run under Ubuntu 14.04 I downloaded Linux CAPT driver V2.60 from Canon and installed both .deb packages, which were listed under the 64bit folder with Ubuntu Software-Center. My Canon printer still won't be […]
- How to setting up Xerox DocuPrint M205 b on Ubuntu 13.10 64bit Just bought the printer with scanner (copier) capability. Having trouble on setting up the printer/scanner.
Tried to setup with Brother HL […]
- Network Printer found and drivers installed, not printing from Ubuntu 14.04 I was able to find and connect to my Canon MG6320 printer from my Ubuntu 14.04 computer using the GUI. I clicked: System Settings>Printers>Add and everything worked fine until I tried to […]
- CUPS – Print Job is received but not printing I am trying to install a network printer just for home use. The printer works fine with my Windows 7 machine. But I thought why not put it on my Ubuntu Server as a network printer and so I […]