» How to install again Update Manager after uninstalling it
How to install again Update Manager after uninstalling it
|June 12, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
Ok, the thing is this
I tried asking many times on few ubuntu forums how to deal with my non-responsive Update Manager, but all I was getting was the same stuff (run it from the terminal, run some lines, apt-get update blah blah). Nothing was helping. Eventually I went mad Windows style and tried to simply uninstall it and install it again. The problem is – how to install it again? Can’t do it through Software Center, can’t really build a package (because I’m too stupid to do that). And I seriously want to avoid reinstalling the whole system.
I am running a 12.04 verison (Update Manager was unable to update to a newer one)
Please help. I am furious with this thing.
More Related Questions
- Unable to update or install program in any way I have Ubuntu 12.10 installed, since about 1 month ago i can't install any program from software center, or synaptic or terminal, and also i can not update my installed software. Here is a […]
- Issue with Ubuntu Software Centre – Error Message i know this question may have been asked a lot before but im relatively new to ubuntu so was hoping for some specific instructions to remedy the problem im having.
My problem is that i […]
- problem with installing apps and updating software sources When I have try to install new software through terminal such as:
sudo apt-get install nethogs
I get the following error:
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get […]
- Failed to download repository information: unable to connect to 22.214.171.124:8080 I've tried many of the solution posted for similar questions. But nothing helped. whenever i try to update or install software, i get a huge list of errors! I'm new to ubuntu and hence […]
- Failed to download repository information: unable to connect to 126.96.36.199:8080 Please Help! I've tried many of the solution posted for similar questions. But nothing helped. whenever i try to update or install software, i get a huge list of errors! I'm new to ubuntu and hence […]
- facing a problem in updating software The message which is showing when failed to update software is shown below.
Could not initialize the package information
An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package […]
- Error occured when updating system I have a problem during updating my Ubuntu system using terminal.
Recently, there was two warning message appears on my terminal which like below:
W: Failed to fetch […]
- problem after apt-get update command Recently , i tried to install google earth from Ubuntu tweak . the programme asked me to add the repository of google earth . well,after i do the command i found that an error message that […]
- Trouble with " waiting for headers " It seems duplicate but really it's not, I'm really tired of testing all solutions and reaching no success. even I'm thinking about going back to windows because I had several problems with […]
- Dont get any security updates and recommended updates& cannot fix broken packages I am using Ubuntu 12.04.In my update manager it shows all the other updates,but it doesn't show any important security updates(precise-security) and recommended […]