» How to change default behavior when iPod is plugged in?
How to change default behavior when iPod is plugged in?
|February 3, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
Right now when I plug in my iPod, Clementine opens and starts playing, which is annoying because I prefer to manage my iPod using Rhythmbox which has a “sync” feature that Clementine (AFAIK) is missing.
Once upon a time, in some previous version of Ubuntu, you used to be able to change this by going into Nautilus › Edit › Preferences, and choosing the Media tab. Sometime between then and now (12.10), this tab has gone away, and I cannot find anything about its replacement.
This Answer on another question suggests there should be a Removable Media menu in System Settings, but this is also missing for me.
Any idea where the Removable Media menu (or its equivalent) is located in 12.10?
More Related Questions
- Disable automatic ipod scrobbling through rhythmbox I'm on Ubuntu 12.10, Rhythmbox 2.97.
I use Rhythmbox to manage my ipod, so far so good. But every time I plug it in, what I've listened on my ipod to get scrobbled to last.fm […]
- How to add music to an iPod Nano 4th Generation I've been trying to sync music to my Black iPod Nano 4th Generation (Model MB754) with Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit. I've tried using Clementine and Rhythmbox to add music. The music syncs fine and […]
- Failure to succesfully sync an iPod using Rhythmbox on Ubuntu 14.04 After a day of trying to figure out how to get this sync going I found out a few things:
For some reason there has been a lot of trouble syncing iPods with Rhythmbox in Ubuntu 14.04, lots […]
- Rhythmbox and iPod recompressing audio on sync I have a number of albums on my Mac with iTunes in very high and some lossless formats. When my iPod is plugged in iTunes will recompress these to 256Mb/s AAC for it while leaving the high […]
- Ipod Touch not mounting properly on Ubuntu 13.04 After upgrading to 13.04, My Ipod Touch (4.2.1) mounts as normal, but then disappears from the devices pane and appears under the network pane in Nautilus. I then get error messages saying […]
- How can I sync my iPod 7th gen with rhythmbox in ubuntu 12.04 LTS I am not able to sync my ipod nano 7th gen with my rhythmbox. It has compatibility only till ipod nano 6th gen. Is there any way to make it work? Asked By - […]
- 4th gen. iPod Touch and Syncing with Rhythmbox on Ubuntu 12.1 I recently set-up a dual boot with Ubuntu 12.1 and Windows 8 on my Asus Vivobook. I have a 4th gen. iPod Touch that I'd like to sync with Rhythmbox but unfortunately it will not sync my […]
- Get music on iPod Touch iOS 6.1.3 I just got my sister to use Ubuntu, but now I have a really big problem, I promised her that syncing music would work with only drag and drop with Rhythmbox, because that is how I do with […]
- How can I get Rhythmbox to support 7th Gen iPod Nano? I recently purchased a 7th Generation iPod Nano, and I try to get it to sync to Rhythmbox, but it only supports iPod Nano up to 6th Gen, and I don't know how to change that. I tried […]
- Problems when syncing iPod classic with Rhythmbox Whenever syncing my iPod classic with Rhythmbox, I get a popup displaying the error "Downstream is not seekable and headers can't be rewritten". What does this error mean? Is it fixable? […]