» how to boot ubuntu 13.04
how to boot ubuntu 13.04
|July 5, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
i was running windows 7. i installed Ubuntu 13.04. when i restarted my pc after completing ubuntu installation, blank screen came. i forcefully shut down the system by holding the power button. when i started the system again, windows booted normally. i installed easyBCD. i restarted the pc, when i selected ubuntu in the boot menu, it end up in grub2 promt, where i get many commands after pressing TAB. kindly explain me how to ubuntu
More Related Questions
- 13.04 – Making Windows Boot Loader the default instead of Grub 2 So basically before Ubuntu 13.04 I was running 12.10. I had Windows Boot Loader the default. If I chose to boot to Ubuntu, it would go into grub, but grub was set to 0 seconds so it would […]
- How to delete grub entirely from grub rescue. Boot windows only I had installed ubuntu (twice actually) onto the same drive. I wanted to 'try again' since one of them didn't install correctly and the other installed differently, but it worked. I was […]
- Windows 7 not loading in dual boot I have installed ubuntu 12.04 after windows 7 installation. But when installing ubuntu i selected the windows 7 partition in the boot device option. I think this is what cause the […]
- How can I add a new operating system boot entry to the GRUB2 menu? I'm pretty new to Linux, but over the past few days I've taken it upon myself to give it a shot. I'm trying a few different distributions just to kind of get a feel for different versions, […]
- Cant access recovery mode, for dual booting comp, by holding shift I used Wubi to install Ubuntu without a CD or USB.
I cannot get my (username - password) combination to work even though I'm 100% sure I typed them in correctly when installing via Wubi. […]
- Brightness problem in Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin I own a ACER ASPIRE5734Z that has a Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz × 2. I tried this solution,but did not work out:
Open terminal ( Ctrl+Alt+T ) and type:
sudo gedit […]
- Uninstall Grub and use Windows bootloader I have Windows 8 pre-installed and then installed Grub with Ubuntu. Ubuntu is not my thing so now I want to remove it along with grub. From what I have learned, with UEFI, Grub does not […]
- Windows 7 not showing up in boot after installing Ubuntu I just installed Ubuntu and upon bootup there is no GRUB, bootloader, or anything. I tried holding down Shift while booting, that brought up GRUB but it did not display Windows 7. I know […]
- Upgrading from 13.10 to 14.04 broke Grub I have a dual boot Ubuntu + Windows 8 on an UEFI system. Everything was ok until I upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 from 13.10.
Now what I get when I boot the pc is a grub rescue screen like this […]
- Dual-boot Ubuntu and Windows trouble with Grub, and EasyBCD well the story is kinda long, so I'm gonna give the link explaining my first problem...
How to install GRUB on the hard-disk?
Now, I read in some answers, forums, and more... To install […]