» How does Dijkstras Algorithm and A-Star compare?
How does Dijkstras Algorithm and A-Star compare?
|August 26, 2009
Posted by forumadmin
I was looking at what the guys in the Mario AI Competition have been doing and some of them have built some pretty neat Mario bots utilizing the A* (A-Star) Pathing Algorithm.
(Video of Mario A* Bot In Action)
My question is, how does A-Star compare with Dijkstra? Looking over them, they seem similar.
Why would someone use one over the other? Especially in the context of pathing in games?
More Related Questions
- Alien tiles heuristic function I am trying to find a good A* heuristic function for the problem "alien tiles", found at www.alientiles.com for a uni project.
In alien tiles you have a board with NxN tiles, all colored […]
- Modifying Dijkstras algorithm for least changes I'm using a version of Dijkstra's algorithm written in Python which I found online, and it works great. But because this is for bus routes, changing 10 times might be the shortest route, […]
- How do 20 questions AI algorithms work? Simple online games of 20 questions powered by an eerily accurate AI.
How do they guess so well? Asked By - Daddy Warbox Read Answers
- Dijkstras algorithm returning incorrect values I've hit a wall in attempting to understand Dijkstra's algorithm. The algorithm, in short, finds the shortest distances between A and B given distances between the two.
I will post my […]
- Im learning AI, what game could I implement to put it to practice? I have taken an AI course, and the teacher asked us to implement a game that makes use of one of the AI algorithms. Here is where I need a bit of help:
I don't know to what kind of […]
- Algorithm for Shortest Path with a contraint, BFS or DFS Question stated as follow:
Given a map which has some obstacles in it. Given a starting point S
and ending point E, find the shortest path from S to E. Note you can
choose any(4) […]
- Quadrilateral Shape Finding Algorithm I want to detect and COMPLETE all possible quadrilateral shapes from randomly located line segments!
The photo attached is an example, the lines might always appear in very different […]
- How to optimally solve the flood fill puzzle? I like playing the puzzle game Flood-It, which can be played online at:
It's also available as an iGoogle gadget. The aim is to fill the whole board with the […]
- Divide it into 2 groups such that No two people who know each other are together? The Question is:
We have a delegation of 4 people and I want to divide it in 2 groups such that no two individual, who knows each other are together.
There are 4 people […]
- Graph Algorithm To Find All Connections Between Two Arbitrary Vertices I am trying to determine the best time efficient algorithm to accomplish the task described below.
I have a set of records. For this set of records I have connection data which indicates […]