» How do I see what character set a database / table / column is in MySQL?
How do I see what character set a database / table / column is in MySQL?
|June 26, 2009
Posted by forumadmin
How do I see what the character set that a MySQL database, table and column are in? Is there something like
SHOW CHARACTER SET FOR mydatabase;
SHOW CHARACTER SET FOR mydatabase.mytable;
SHOW CHARACTER SET FOR mydatabase.mytable.mycolumn;
More Related Questions
- Why does mysql give me different decoded outputs on different hosts? I have an accented character that for some reason is being translated incorrectly depending on which machine I run the mysql query from. It's the ó character.
Here's my row:
- MySQL treats ÅÄÖ as AAO? These two querys gives me the exact same result:
select * from topics where name='Harligt';
select * from topics where name='Härligt';
How is this possible? Seems like mysql translates […]
- A script to change all tables and fields to the utf-8-bin collation in MYSQL Is there a SQL or PHP script that I can run that will change the default collation in all tables and fields in a database?
I can write one myself, but I think that this should be […]
- SQL CONCAT – Funny characters – but Im not laughing I am using this query to produce a blog archive menu, like so:
SELECT CONCAT( MONTHNAME(published) , ' ' , YEAR(published)) AS monthyear,
COUNT(*) AS total
- Mysql change column collation and character set of information schema I want to change column collation and character set of system database information_schema...
Can anyone give any input on how to do this? Is there any special priviledges i need for […]
- How do I compare unicode strings containing non-english characters to sort alpabetically? I am trying to sort array/lists/whatever of data based upon the unicode string values in them which contain non-english characters, I want them sorted correctly alphabetically.
I have […]
- How to change collation of database, table, column? Now the database is latin1_general_ci and I want to change collation to utf8_general_ci. Is there any setting in PhpMyAdmin to change collation of database, table, column? Rather than […]
- When must we use NVARCHAR/NCHAR instead of VARCHAR/CHAR in SQL Server? Is there a rule when we must use the Unicode types?
I have seen that most of the European languages (German, Italian, English, ...) are fine in the same database in VARCHAR columns.
- MySql alter table Collation create table check2(f1 varchar(20),f2 varchar(20));
creates a table with the default collation latin1_general_ci;
alter table check2 collate latin1_general_cs;
show full columns from […]
- Cast collation of nvarchar variables in t-sql I need to change the collation of an nvarchar variable. By documentation:
3. The COLLATE clause can be specified
at several levels. These include the