» How do I get my keyboard to work in Grub on this old IBM ThinkCentre PC?
How do I get my keyboard to work in Grub on this old IBM ThinkCentre PC?
|January 18, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
Recently, I installed Ubuntu 12.10 on an old IBM ThinkCentre alongside Windows XP Professional. I have had problems with Ubuntu, so I would like to boot into Windows to delete the Ubuntu partition. Yet, my keyboard refuses to work during GRUB. I have used a BenQ and generic USB keyboard and have yet to try with a PS/2 keyboard.
I can use the BIOS, but it stops working during GRUB. The ThinkCentre has an old Celeron and 0.99GB of RAM.
Does anyone know how to make my keyboard work?
More Related Questions
- Mac wireless keyboard doesnt work in GRUB 2 I have just installed Ubuntu 14.04 and now I cant boot into Mac OSX anymore. I am using the standard wireless keyboard that all Apple computers come with and it doesnt work at all in the […]
- Ubuntu cant read drivers or freezes such as external keyboard, monitor and mouse Ubuntu can't read drivers such as external keyboard, monitor and mouse.
After I forced shutdown Ubuntu, because of the add-on(from FF) I have to shut it down it hanged my PC. Also the […]
- USB Keyboard & Mouse Stopped Working (Ubuntu 14 LTS) I've been using Ubuntu 14 LTS on my work desktop, laptop, and home desktop without any problems. Does anyone know what I can do?
Keyboard on Boot
Keyboard in […]
- Booting Ubuntu Failure : error: attempt to read or write outside of disk hd0 I have installed ubuntu 12.10 in a WD external harddrive (320GB). This is a complete installation, not live USB.
When I plug it in my HP desktop I go to the BIOS settings and boot off the […]
- After installing with Wubi, cant boot into Ubuntu I installed Ubuntu (12.10) through Wubi and when I go to the dual boot screen, I choose Ubuntu. But all it does is showing me a Grub menu which says:
this is a minimalistic command […]
- GRUB missing after removing drive with Ubuntu My work laptop is an HP EliteBook with one hard drive in it. On that hard drive is a encryption program that boots up called "safeboot", you enter your username and password and then […]
- Just installed Ubuntu 12.10 and my USB mouse & Keyboard wont work I was trying to install Ubuntu 12.10 from a live CD and I wasn't able to get it to recognize either my keyboard (C.Y.B.O.R.G V5) or my mouse (R.A.T 7). I eventually gave up but later on I […]
- Cannot get windows 8 to boot after ubuntu 12.10 install (different hdds) I just took the plunge into Linux, with Ubuntu 12.10. Not knowing if I would like Ubuntu enough for it to become my main OS, I installed it alongside of my existing OS, windows 8. When […]
- Windows 8 no longer boots after Grub wiped out the Windows Bootsector I was using Win8 and installed Ubuntu 12.10... There is an entry in GRUB for W8, but when selecting it - GRUB comes back again, so Windows never boot up. I can only launch my […]
- Ctrl-Super-Right doesnt work in 12.10 Noticed today that the default Unity setting for keywords to partially maximize windows to left or right partially works in my laptop.
My Ubuntu is totally updated.
Any idea on how to […]