» how do I disable the headphone jack so sound will come out of the speakers?
how do I disable the headphone jack so sound will come out of the speakers?
|July 22, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I just installed ubuntu 12.04 (it still has windows 7 on it but I can’t access it I don’t think) on my moms older and pretty beat up laptop. the thing has a few problems like needing the keyboard replaced because our bird picked off the arrow keys and a couple others they don’t work anymore (which is why I don’t think I can access the windows 7, but I’m ordering another keyboard) and the headphone jack is broken. It was dropped while headphones were plugged in and now it thinks theres head phones in all the time, even though if I plug some in it doesnt work because its broken inside.
so can I disable the headphone jack? I tried looking up how to do it but i’m not getting anywhere. so … what can I do?
I also though I could just buy some usb speakers and plug those in and maybe that would work as a temporary thing? I dunno. I just need to do something about it.
More Related Questions
- 13.04 hp laptop dv6t intel quad edition no headphone sound when plugged in this is my alsa output
I have followed this old solution that solved my problem for ubuntu 12.04, but in 13.04 […]
- No sound from external speakers/headphones (jack) I've got constant problem, after instaling Ubuntu 13.10. I get no sound from the audio jack (speakers, headphones etc) but my internal speakers work right, playing sound as they should. […]
- Got the headphone jack working but sound settings disappeared – ubuntu 12.04 I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 on Lenovo Thinkpad E420s. Initially everything was working great, but after a while, the head phone jack stopped working. Speakers used to work just fine. So I […]
- How do I stop sound coming from my speakers with a faulty headphone socket? On my laptop, I have a faulty headphone socket, so when I insert headphones into it, the speakers do not mute. I can confirm that this problem is caused by faulty hardware and not software […]
- Sound switches to headphones after random time On my laptop (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS) arose out of the blue the following problem: After seemingly a random number of seconds the sound switches to the headphone jack and switches off the […]
- Sound output problem in th HP compaq dc7700 I have Ubuntu(12.04) installed in my HP Compaq dc7700 computer.
I have a sound problem. There is two audio outputs in this computer(dc7700), one in the front and the other on the back, And […]
- Sound from both headphones and speakers I guess this question already had the answer here but I can't find it. I'm using 12.04.
The problem is that I can hear the sound from my laptop's speakers even I plugged in my […]
- Headphone jack not working? I have a Asus A55VD with Ubuntu 12.04. Michael Cornelius instructions get it working added with this section edited to be like this
required-any = any
switch = […]
- Headphones not working in Ubuntu 12.04 I have a Gateway M-6801m laptop, my speakers work great, but when I plug my headphones, the sound is instantly muted (although the icon in the panel says that it isn't muted), I tried […]
- Headphones and ubuntu 12.04 (again) As the title says. The description is classical: the internal speaker works but plugging in headphones makes it go silent. I did try to install DKMS but it still doesn't work.
lspci | […]