» How do I change which audio jacks are used for input and output?
How do I change which audio jacks are used for input and output?
|December 3, 2012
Posted by forumadmin
I’m using a Realtek HD audio card built-in my motherboard. The Windows driver comes with a control panel that allows me to select which back panel jacks are used for what. So for example I can make both the blue jack and green jack for output and only the red one for mic-in. (Whereas by default, the blue jack is for line in, which I never need.)
How can I do the same under Linux? If possible, please don’t suggest something that involves PulseAudio or JACK; I’d like to do it the plain way, e.g. by editing ALSA configuration files, if possible. The way I understand it, my problem should have nothing to do with software servers redirecting streams, just instructing the driver to treat this jack as so and so because it’s hardware supported.
Thank you very much!
More Related Questions
- jackd does not work, aplay -l shows two instances of the same card (Ubuntu 13.04, HDMI audio only) I'm on Ubuntu 13.04, using a ZaReason Zini, which as far as I can tell has no audio output other than its hdmi port. I'm trying to get the Clojure library Overtone working, and ran into […]
- No sound from external speakers/headphones (jack) I've got constant problem, after instaling Ubuntu 13.10. I get no sound from the audio jack (speakers, headphones etc) but my internal speakers work right, playing sound as they should. […]
- audio trouble in xubuntu First things first: I'm running Xubuntu 13.04 on a VM on my iMac. I'm trying to learn how to use Linux and iron out bugs, because I'm hoping to switch from Mac OS to Linux in the future […]
- 13.04 hp laptop dv6t intel quad edition no headphone sound when plugged in this is my alsa output
I have followed this old solution that solved my problem for ubuntu 12.04, but in 13.04 […]
- how do I disable the headphone jack so sound will come out of the speakers? I just installed ubuntu 12.04 (it still has windows 7 on it but I can't access it I don't think) on my moms older and pretty beat up laptop. the thing has a few problems like needing the […]
- Low level disk operations in Linux for C++ What kind of methods exists in linux for low level disk operations in C++? I am attempting to write my own manager of data on a disk. For example, I would like to create a C++ program in […]
- HDMI audio output problem not resolved, tried everything I love ubuntu, but this problem is really a big deal for me! I cant hear audio over my hdmi connection, i have video, but no audio.
I have an ASUS k52dr with ubuntu 12.04 and an ATI […]
- AspireOne 722, cant use external mic: mic receive sound from output! I own an Acer AspireOne722
AMD C-60 APU
Conexant CX20588 sound card.
I use Ubuntu 12.04LTS
Output is perfect: both speakers and headphones work fine.
I have troubles […]
- Headphones not working on Windows after installing Ubuntu 2 hours ago I installed Ubuntu while listening to music on my headphones (wubi install). I then also played music on Ubuntu just fine, yet when I rebooted into Windows, without doing […]
- no sound through hdmi out, 13.04 HI I just installed Ubuntu 13.04 on my media pc, and i successfully installed catalyst 13.4 and everything works great except I get no sound out of HDMI out, in the sound dash there are 3 […]