Hidden file visible
|September 30, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
Okay. So on one of my friends computer, which runs Windows 8, I needed to password protect a folder. I did it using command prompt on windows by running:
attrib +s +h
I then made the batch file to type a password and converted it to a executable file so it couldn’t be edited if someone took it from me, or something like that…. It worked. The file was hidden and everything. I tried it on a school PC and it worked. File was hidden and the .exe worked… I got home and put my flash drive in. The .exe file works (with WINE) but it opens winrar and not the file it should. The main problem is that the file that should be hidden is visible.. I’m guessing it would do the same thing on a Mac then, too, right? Can someone tell me how to make it so that it is hidden on a Linux, Windows, AND Mac?
If you can’t…. Thanks for reading the long thing anyway..
More Related Questions
- How to find the real user home directory using python? I see that if we change the HOME(linux) or USERPROFILE(windows) environmental variable and run a python script, it returns the new value as the user home when I […]
- How do you get a directory listing sorted by creation date in python? What is the best way to get a list of all files in a directory, sorted by date [created | modified], using python, on a windows machine? Asked By - […]
- How to get a path to the desktop for current user in C#? How do I get a path to the desktop for current user in C#?
The only thing I could find was the VB.NET-only class SpecialDirectories, which has this […]
- Mac boot from Ubuntu installed on a USB drive I have a USB drive with Ubuntu installed on it (on a Live USB, it actually has Ubuntu installed on it), and it works seamlessly when I try to boot my PC from it.
When I try to boot my […]
- Ubuntu on Mac 3,1. Typical Trackpad and Wifi Trouble I am new. 1.9GiB; Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.2GHz; 64 bit; 155GB disk
ubuntu 14.04 LTS installed! I don't quite understand the trackpad fix involving appletouch.ko a la here Other Suggestions […]
- Is the current version of Ubuntu usable on a PPC mac? Is the current version of Ubuntu usable on a PPC mac?
I've got a "lamp shade" mac from 2003 that I'd like to recycle into my first Linux computer. I'm not a programmer. So it appeals to […]
- Ubuntu wireless only connects to some networks I have dual-booted my windows 8 machine with Ubuntu.
No matter which version of Ubuntu I had installed, I was able to connect to my home network on both windows and Ubuntu, but when I got […]
- I ran 11.04 on a Mac and I loved it. Why does it look different on a PC? I booted a Ubuntu 11.04 live CD on a Mac and I fell in love with the interface. So I decided to install it on my PC. Imagine my dismay when the interface was just the blah standard Windows […]
- Create bootable USB of Ubuntu on Mac for a failed partial ubuntu install So I have 3 computers at my disposal, and would like to wipe my failed partial ubuntu update on COMP1 (which is also locked out from incorrect logins) (originally 12.04, failed partial of […]
- Unable to make bootable ubuntu flash drive I'm trying to dual boot my mac mini with ubuntu 14-1.04.
I don't have a disc drive so i'm using a flash drive to host the info and boot from that but I can't get this to work.