» Grub loads after rEFInd
Grub loads after rEFInd
|February 12, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
I have a dual-boot UEFI laptop, with Ubuntu and Windows. I installed rEFInd to boot to these systems, and it worked fine, but my linux system was triplicated. I supposed it was because of rEFInd searching for any
vmlinuz and all these, so I added the line
scan_all_linux_kernels 0 into
After this, the extra booting options disappeared, but when I select Ubuntu, I get the GRUB menu to select it again.
I want to disable GRUB, so that the system boots from rEFInd. I have tried to
apt-get remove all grub and grub2 packages, but GRUB still appears.
More Related Questions
- Problem while Dual booting windows 8 pro with Ubuntu 13.10 I have a HP Pavilion-15-n004tx laptop. It supports UEFI. However when i installed Windows 8 on it, i disabled the UEFI and installed the Windows in Legacy BIOS mode. I wanted to dual boot […]
- What have I to do to change from BIOS to (U)EFI after installation? I have here a new bought laptop. It's the first device with (U)EFI I was working with. At first I did not get the installation running, so I switched back to BIOS legacy mode and installed […]
- Installing Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS from USB on an UEFI system stops in grub rescue shell – how to continue? I want to install Ubuntu 14.04.1 from USB on a system with UEFI (from HP) instead of BIOS where Windows 7 is preinstalled.
Unfortunately booting from USB-Stick hangs at the Grub "rescue […]
- Unable to repair GRUB with Boot Repair I installed Ubuntu on my laptop, which came with Win 8.1 preinstalled, with UEFI of course. So, I disabled secure boot and I installed without much interruption, but I realized that I […]
- Problem with dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 8 I have got a new Lenovo y510p with 8.1, When I tried to install Ubuntu, It did not detect the USB. So I changed the boot mode to legacy and selected priority to legacy first. Before that I […]
- Black screen when trying to install ubuntu 13.10 I am in need of some help. It has been 2 weeks since I bought my first ever windows laptop with the aim of replacing windows but I have been unsuccessful.
The hardware is as follows […]
- How to boot into Windows 8 from Grub? I just did a 50GB partition on my laptop thaty initially had windows 8 on it, every time i try booting Windows im getting an "invalid EFI file path" I just ran a boot repair and it gave me […]
- Blank screen booting Ubuntu 14.04 iso on 2011 Macbook Pro 17" Macbook Pro (17-inch, Late 2011)
I've tried booting from the official Ubuntu-14.04 desktop iso, and I can get to the grub menu, however choosing either "try ubuntu" or "install ubuntu" […]
- Ubuntu on Acer E1-510 So I have an Acer E1-510-2821 Computer I recently purchased at Walmart. The computer came pre-installed with Windows 8.1. The system of course is UEFI, and unfortunately has no legacy Bios […]
- Ubuntu installed GRUB over rEFIt I had my Mac set up with rEFIt and installed Ubuntu 13.04, unfortunately GRUB was installed over rEFIt. I was not expecting this and have since found out that I have no idea where my […]