» GAE multi-module, multi-language application on localhost
GAE multi-module, multi-language application on localhost
|September 9, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I have a multi-module GAE Application that is structured like this:
- a Python27 module, that is a regular web application. This Python app uses the Datastore API. Regular, boring web app.
- a Java module (another web application) that hooks on the Datastore calls (calls made by the Python web app), and displays aggregated data about the recorded Datastore calls.
I have been able to deploy this application on the GAE cloud, and everything works fine.
However, problems arise when I want to run my application on localhost.
The Python module must be started using the Python SDK. The Java module must be started using the Java SDK.
However, the 2 SDK’s do not seem to share the same datastore (I believe the 2 SDKs write/read to separate files on disk).
It seems to me that the 2 SDK’s also differ in the advancement of the Development Console implementation.
The Python SDK sports a cleaner, more “recent-looking” Development Console (akin to the new console.developers.google.com console) than the Java SDK, which has the old-looking version of the Development Console (akin to the old appspot.com console)
So my question is, is there a way to boot 2+ modules (in different languages: Python, Java) that share the same Datastore files? That’d be nice, since it would allow the Java module to hook on the Python Datastore calls, which does not seem to be possible at the moment.
More Related Questions
- Google App Engine (Python) – Datastore is duplicating entities I am using the Python SDK for Google App Engine, and bottle.
Running something simple like this to set up some entities to work with:
- Google App Engine: Memcache or Static variable? Well, I think I have a very basic doubt here:
I'm developing an app on GAE (Java) and performing a query to the datastore that returns a lot
of entities, so I need to cache it. I was […]
- Exchanging NDB Entities between two GAE web apps using URL Fetch I am planning to exchange NDB Entities between two GAE web apps using URL Fetch.
One Web app can initiate the HTTP POST Request with the entity model name, starting entity index number […]
- Connect google datastore from existing google compute engine in python I'm trying to connect to Datastore from existing compute engine instance and I'm getting:
[ python 2.7 - googledatastore-v1beta2_rev1_2.1.0-py2.7 ]
- Google App Engine Versioning in the Datastore Google App Engine has the concept of app versions. i.e., you can have multiple versions of your app running concurrently and accessible at different subdomains. For instance: […]
- Filtering by entity key name in Google App Engine on Python On Google App Engine to query the data store with Python, one can use GQL or Entity.all() and then filter it. So for example these are equivalent
gql = "SELECT * FROM User WHERE age >= […]
- Copy an entity in Google App Engine datastore in Python without knowing property names at compile time In a Python Google App Engine app I'm writing, I have an entity stored in the datastore that I need to retrieve, make an exact copy of it (with the exception of the key), and then put this […]
- Google Appengine Datastore – python I have a problem with google appengine, I am unable to initialize any tables using python's put() command
here is my code:
- How to browse local Java App Engine datastore? It seems there is no equivalent of Python App Engine's _ah/admin for the Java implementation of Google App Engine.
Is there a manual way I can browse the datastore? Where are the files to […]
- Does anyone know how to upload multiple files using Blobstore in Java? I am submitting a form which has a upload filed and other fields , I writing other fields to database using j-query ajax but having issue with the upload..looks like I will have to […]