» Framebuffer in Ubuntu 12.04 (NVidia)
Framebuffer in Ubuntu 12.04 (NVidia)
|February 23, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
After a new install of 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04.2, my grub menu appeared in a nice, small font in a framebuffer and when Ubuntu loaded, the logo and red/white dots were small and crisp.
I’ve installed packages I need and fully updated the install (but it’s still 12.04, not 12.10). Now the grub framebuffer and the loading logo and in a large, blurry font.
I’ve read this answer, but I’m not sure if it relates to what I am experiencing… I don’t have
Has an updated changed my grub settings? Can I just uncomment this in my
and set it to 1680×1050 (22″ LCD native resolution) and run
update-grub to get back the nice framebuffer?
More Related Questions
- Is it possible to adjust console text size with framebuffer disabled? I've just built an Ubuntu 14.04 based home server and I'm running it "headless" in that I normally connect to it over SSH. The server is based on a miniITX board and has onboard VGA video […]
- Change grub and tty resolution to 2560×1440 (framebuffer) I upgraded my old 1920x1200 to a new 2560x1440 Dell U2713HM and it works great in xserver but I cant get the grub and tty's to use it :(
The strange thing is that when I run sudo hwinfo […]
- When I try to install Ubuntu, the screen res is too low to use the installer I have an Acer Aspire V3 with 8gb RAM, 1tb HDD, nVidia GeForce 650m 2gb graphics, 17.3" screen with 1600x900 res. When I use GRUB I cant boot it without nomodeset. When I get to the […]
- Help fixing graphics card driver? So I managed to fairly severely mess up my graphics card driver. I was trying to install OpenCL using instructions from here: […]
- ubuntu server 13.04 – black screen after grub update – mbp 2006 BACKGROUND
Hard drive died on 2006 Macbook Pro with nVidia graphics card. Replaced HD with 320 GB Western Digital. Created, booted and installed Ubuntu 13.04 from USB. No problems with […]
- boot up problem (14.04 + GRUB + Swap + Nvidia) – with pictures *****Problem is solved, just waiting for oldfred to claim his bounty by posting his comment as an answer. If this happened to you see the last edit for the solution*******
When I start my […]
- Ubuntu failing to install on seperate HDD, blank screen, flashing cursor I have downloaded Ubuntu 14.04.1 desktop ISO and burned it to a bootable cd and have made a bootable usb drive using both Universal USB Installer and Unetbootin.
I have tried mutliple […]
- Zotac Zbox EN760 Wont Boot from USB I wanted to install Ubuntu 14.04.1 on my Zotac Zbox EN760. It is using legacy boot, as both the "Win7 uEFI" and "Win8 uEFI" don't get past the purple screen (don't know the official name, […]
- Unity 3D broken by libaccount-plugin-1.0-0 version 0.1.6bzr13.04.05-0ubuntu1.1 Running Ubuntu 13.04 in VirtualBox 4.2.12 on a Mac OS X 10.8.3 host, I installed the 5/23/13 update of libaccount-plugin-1.0-0 to 0.1.6bzr13.04.05-0ubuntu1.1. This seems to have broken […]
- How to make Ubuntu Server fit into a VMware window? I installed Ubuntu Server edition in VMware 7.0.1. I am using latest version of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu is not filling into complete VMware window. How can I fix this? Asked By - […]