» Fix Overscan/ Underscan on HDTV Intel HD Graphics Card
Fix Overscan/ Underscan on HDTV Intel HD Graphics Card
|April 22, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
I have my laptop running Ubuntu 12.10 hooked up via HDMI to my 24inch, 1080p HDTV though I am experiencing an overscan problem. When the tv cis connected, it cannot be run at the 1080×720 resolution (on display settings within ubuntu) as the TV cuts off about 10% of each side and corner on the HDTV.
The only way I can get a full picture/ proper resolution is to change the resolution (within Ubuntu’s display settings) for the HDTV to 1366×768 (same as the laptop’s screen settings)
Unfortunately, there is no option on my remote/tv to adjust the overscan settings manually and was hoping there was a way to gain full control of these settings within Ubuntu to gain a proper resolution on the HDTV with the HDMI cable.
When I run windows, I am able to use the ‘intel catalyst control centre’ to adjust the overscan/underscan from within windows, and that works fine. Is there something like this (preferably with a GUI interface)
More Related Questions
- Ubuntu 13.04 HDMI resolution and display options incorrect I have installed ubuntu 13.04 and the HDMI resolution is incorrect and options limited to a max of 1280x720. The VGA is not perfect as it is cutting off the top taskbar slightly, it also […]
- No sound via HDMI and I cannot use mirror display on a lenovo G560 Had some trouble since switching from Win to Ubuntu yesterday. When I connect my pc through HDMI to my TV the sound doesn't work. The video is there (expanded desktop) but the sound is […]
- Display setting of monitor I did new installation of Ubuntu 13.10 over old version 12.04.4.
Intel i5-4440 processor.
Intel DB85FL motherboard.
Samsung SyncMaster 943 monitor.
I have to use an […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 & Lenovo Yoga 2 pro screen resolution I've recently installed 14.04 on my yoga and it is running great so far!
Since this laptop has a 3200x1800 resolution and a lot of apps i use do not scale well i am using 1920x1080 […]
- HD TV Used as Monitor Does Not Display SO here's my situation. I have an old laptop that was just sitting in a drawer for over a year. I stopped using it because its screen broke and I felt it would be better to invest in a new […]
- HDMI Monitor fuzzy and laggy I have dual monitors, one 24" connected via VGA and another 23" monitor connected via HDMI, the monitor on VGA is fine, screen is clear at 1920x1080 however the HDMI connected monitor at […]
- Ubuntu 12.10. Cant add custom resolution System: Ubuntu 12.10, nVidia Geforce GT240 (nvidia-current privative driver), LG display connected to VGA-0
The 1920x1080 resolution is not listed, I've added it in Windows but I'm having […]
- Problems running higher resolution When I plug my HDMI into my TV it runs the same resolution as my laptop. If I try to run at a higher resolution it doesn't fit on the screen.
graphics card intel 4000hd […]
- How to avoid screen being stretched when mirroring a Notebook (16:9) to a projector (4:3) I use Ubuntu 12.10 (Gnome 3) on a MacBook Air. I would like to connect the notebook to an external projector and mirror the displays. The projector image looks great, however, everything […]
- How do I use multiple laptops as external display over network? I have a relatively powerful computer (8gb ram, 64bit, quad core) and I can easily drive three monitors, my tv over hdmi, my 17 inch hd internal laptop display, and an external hd display. […]