» facing a problem in updating software
facing a problem in updating software
|December 2, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
The message which is showing when failed to update software is shown below.
Could not initialize the package information
An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.
Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the following error message:
W:Duplicate sources.list entry http://dl.google.com/linux/talkplugin/deb/ stable/main i386 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/dl.google.com_linux_talkplugin_deb_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages)
E:Encountered a section with no Package: header
E:Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/download.mendeley.com_apt_dists_stable_main_i18n_Translation-en,
E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
More Related Questions
- Issue with Ubuntu Software Centre – Error Message i know this question may have been asked a lot before but im relatively new to ubuntu so was hoping for some specific instructions to remedy the problem im having.
My problem is that i […]
- Unable to update or install program in any way I have Ubuntu 12.10 installed, since about 1 month ago i can't install any program from software center, or synaptic or terminal, and also i can not update my installed software. Here is a […]
- problem after apt-get update command Recently , i tried to install google earth from Ubuntu tweak . the programme asked me to add the repository of google earth . well,after i do the command i found that an error message that […]
- Failed to download repository information: unable to connect to 126.96.36.199:8080 I've tried many of the solution posted for similar questions. But nothing helped. whenever i try to update or install software, i get a huge list of errors! I'm new to ubuntu and hence […]
- Failed to download repository information: unable to connect to 188.8.131.52:8080 Please Help! I've tried many of the solution posted for similar questions. But nothing helped. whenever i try to update or install software, i get a huge list of errors! I'm new to ubuntu and hence […]
- problem with installing apps and updating software sources When I have try to install new software through terminal such as:
sudo apt-get install nethogs
I get the following error:
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get […]
- Ubuntu 13.10 – how can i install package? How to fix this problem? Everytime i am trying to install/update packages it fails
root@nson:~# sudo apt-get install dconf-editor
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree […]
- Error occured when updating system I have a problem during updating my Ubuntu system using terminal.
Recently, there was two warning message appears on my terminal which like below:
W: Failed to fetch […]
- How to install again Update Manager after uninstalling it Ok, the thing is this
I tried asking many times on few ubuntu forums how to deal with my non-responsive Update Manager, but all I was getting was the same stuff (run it from the terminal, […]
- Discrepancy between `apt-get upgrade` and update manager I use Ubuntu 12.04.2 and I've just finished running apt-get update. According to apt-get upgrade, there are 5 packages to be upgraded, in a total of 1533 kB; while the update manager […]