|September 10, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
My site calls some JS files from Google & Microsoft’s libraries. Example:
My site loads fine on Chrome & Firefox, but when I open it in IE (8,9,10,11), it takes ages to load. Looking at HTTP Watch, the waterfall shows every external JS file taking 20+ seconds to load. So the total site load time is upwards of 60 seconds.
If I open the JS files directly in IE, it loads instantaneously:
It’s only slow loading when called through my website. My website is on a CDN and loads correctly when spoofing directly to our origin server. The external JS files only slow down when the page is loaded through the CDN.
Additionally, on some companies/networks/VPNs, the CDN site loads fine on IE. On other companies/networks/VPNs, we see this slowness.
Any ideas what could be causing this?
More Related Questions
- Why should I use Googles CDN for jQuery? This may be obvious to some, but I've been wondering: why should I depend on Google's server to host jQuery for my site?
Is it only because it loads faster this way? Asked By - […]
- jquery ui – how to use google CDN I want to use Google CDN for jQuery and jQuery UI..
I'm using the answer from here for jQuery.
Best way to use Google's hosted jQuery, but fall back to my hosted library on Google […]
I read a couple of other posts about this issue and it seems that IE may not […]
- Custom Lazy Load – IE9 Memory Leak I'm currently developing a basic image gallery that dynamically loads new images in the following order (on document.ready):
Uses an ajax call to get JSON which contains all the […]
- Sourcing jQuery from a CDN? I am using require JS and want to know the best method to use a CDN version of jQuery. I hear the 1.7 version is "AMD" which is supposed to help but can't find a straight example. Hope […]
- How to see what is returned when a remote script is blocked I'm using Google hosted jQuery in my webapp (//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js) As part of bug diagnostics I have a window.onerror handler which catches any errors […]
- Google app engine slow TTFB I started looking at using Google app engine as CDN, but their TTFB is very poor. Can I do anything to reduce the response time of static content?
Web Page Performance Test from […]
- How secure are CDNs for delivering jQuery? We build sites that have a public (non-secured) area and secured (delivered over HTTPS) area and we use jQuery library.
Recently I suggested we use Google CDN for jQuery delivery. Some of […]