» Error opening solution in VS2010 – The project type is not supported by this installation
Error opening solution in VS2010 – The project type is not supported by this installation
|September 29, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
When trying to open a solution in VS2010 Professional, I get this error:
The project type is not supported by this installation.
I already looked at this thread and none of it seemed to relate to my specific situation.
When I view the csproj in notepad, it shows this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Project ToolsVersion="4.0" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
Thanks in advance!
More Related Questions
- Error Message is not clear to me i Keep getting this error message and can't figure out why?
Compiler Error Message: CS1513: } expected
here's my code:
- How to use applicationSettings in the new web.config configuration in VS2010? I'm used to use web deployment projects. Currently I am developing a new web application with VS2010 and want to try to get along with the new web.config principle and deployment […]
- Pre-set formatting on asp.net pages. I am newish to Asp.net. I have inherited a web application project. When I create a new page it already has some formatting on the top even though I don't use any master page when creating […]
- System.web.webpages run error after install Visual Studio 2012 WE have a web application in MVC 3, and Visual Studio 2010, and now we installed the Visual Studio 2012, and find a problem with the dll "System.Web.WebPages", now it is in version 188.8.131.52 […]
- Project dlls are missing in Modules window I made a bunch of changes to fix a bug where I could not build. One of those changes finally worked, but now I can't debug!
When I leave a breakpoint in my .cs file, the debugger […]
- gridview findcontrol returning empty "" i am trying to read from a textbox within a gridview by using this code
protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
foreach (GridViewRow row in […]
- gridview checkbox problem asp.net I am trying to implement a checkbox within gridview,
The job of this checkbox is to verify a record,
When this verify button is pressed, all items with a checked checkbox are inputted […]
- Cant retrieve EmployeeId from Active Directory My GetActiveDirectory() method is used to get data from Active Directory using the SamAccountName, and it's working but the problem is the user.EmployeeId return no sign of data.
Why I […]
- ambiguous reference I removed a project in my solution and then later re-added it.
Since reading it.. I'm getting an ambiguous reference error now which I can't remove.
viewing the implementation of the class […]
- Guid is all 0s (zeros)? I'm testing out some WCF services that send objects with Guids back and forth. In my web app test code, I'm doing the following:
var responseObject = proxy.CallService(new […]