» Error occured when updating system
Error occured when updating system
|June 18, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I have a problem during updating my Ubuntu system using terminal.
Recently, there was two warning message appears on my terminal which like below:
W: Failed to fetch http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu/dists/trusty-getdeb/apps/binary-i386/Packages 521 Origin Down [IP: 184.108.40.206 80]
W: Failed to fetch http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu/dists/trusty-getdeb/games/binary-i386/Packages 521 Origin Down [IP: 220.127.116.11 80]
I don’t know how could this happen. I thought, maybe it was from my Wi-fi connection but it’s not. And I’ve tried to update again my system using my terminal and that problem is still appear. So, I hope if you guys can tell me what and why the warning messages appear.
And I hope will get solution from anyone.
More Related Questions
- problem with installing apps and updating software sources When I have try to install new software through terminal such as:
sudo apt-get install nethogs
I get the following error:
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get […]
- Unable to update or install program in any way I have Ubuntu 12.10 installed, since about 1 month ago i can't install any program from software center, or synaptic or terminal, and also i can not update my installed software. Here is a […]
- Failed to download repository information: unable to connect to 18.104.22.168:8080 Please Help! I've tried many of the solution posted for similar questions. But nothing helped. whenever i try to update or install software, i get a huge list of errors! I'm new to ubuntu and hence […]
- Failed to download repository information: unable to connect to 22.214.171.124:8080 I've tried many of the solution posted for similar questions. But nothing helped. whenever i try to update or install software, i get a huge list of errors! I'm new to ubuntu and hence […]
- Issue with Ubuntu Software Centre – Error Message i know this question may have been asked a lot before but im relatively new to ubuntu so was hoping for some specific instructions to remedy the problem im having.
My problem is that i […]
- facing a problem in updating software The message which is showing when failed to update software is shown below.
Could not initialize the package information
An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package […]
- How to install again Update Manager after uninstalling it Ok, the thing is this
I tried asking many times on few ubuntu forums how to deal with my non-responsive Update Manager, but all I was getting was the same stuff (run it from the terminal, […]
- problem after apt-get update command Recently , i tried to install google earth from Ubuntu tweak . the programme asked me to add the repository of google earth . well,after i do the command i found that an error message that […]
- Trying to upgrade to 14.04 from 13.10, and I keep getting the same error message I've had no problems upgrading from one version of Ubuntu to the next until lately. Now, every time I attempt to upgrade, I get the following error message:
W:Failed to fetch […]
- Help please. Update Manager doesnt let me update and I cant install anything from the Ubuntu Software Center When I go to Update Manager and try to install the important security updates I get this message:
Requires installation of untrusted packages
The action would require the installation of […]