» Enable SSL for Nodejs and Tomcat which are running on 1 physical server
Enable SSL for Nodejs and Tomcat which are running on 1 physical server
|September 15, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I have an Apache server running on one physical server. And I have an app running on nodejs server at port 8080. And the port 80 is forwarded to port 8080 by Apache. So http://myurl.com is accessible.
I also have rest services which are on Tomcat port 9090 and these services are being consumed by the app running on nodejs. It is accessible by http://myurl.com:9090.
Now I want to make this app run on HTTPS and I want to make sure that, no one can access this app in http. So, in Apache, if we redirect port 80 to port 443, the user will be redirected to https even if he types http. But now, if we forward port 443 to 8080 (which is nodejs app), is it still encrypted?
If the main app is running on https, then it should consume a rest service from https. But both the app and rest services are running on the same server. Now how can I make both of them https and how can I access them? (In http, I differentiated them using ports. Now How can I differentiate them in https?)
More Related Questions
- Configure SSL between tomcat and apache http server We have a security requirement to configure SSL between tomcat and apache http server. I am using mod_jk for connection between httpd and tomcat servers.
I couldn't find the correct […]
- GeoServer under https i am using apache web server on localhost:80 and Geoserver served from tomcat on localhost:8080
I recently installed SSL certificate on apache and it works fine except for that i get the […]
- Problems by setting up a encrypted Nodejs WebSocket-Server I'm trying to get a nodejs wss-server up and running. For this I'm using the Express4 Framework and the eniaros/ws module.
But sadly I'm not able to get the WSS-Server up and running. The […]
- Jenkins does not redirect to HTTPS The problem
I am using Jenkins over HTTPS/SSL (the details of setup below). I can navigate to https://jenkins.mydomain.com:8088 without any problems. All links are correct with https:// […]
- HAProxy redirecting http to https (ssl) I'm using HAProxy for load balancing and only want my site to support https. Thus, I'd like to redirect all requests on port 80 to port 443.
How would I do this?
Edit: We'd like to […]
- HTTPS NodeJS and Heroku. Forcing HTTPS? I have a NodeJS HTTP (non S) server running on Heroku. I have SSL configured, and it accepts requests to HTTPS. The reason I am using a vanilla HTTP server is because of the […]
- Setting up Express/Node SSL on a custom port Is there a way to set up a custom port for SSL on Express? This is for development purposes only. I have one Apache/PHP project on 80/443.
I've tried following this […]
- Can one tomcat server support both RSA and DSA certificates? To provide both RSA and DSA certificates, I have used two connectors with different IP addresses. But Is it possible that under one IP address multiple ssl certifices?
I have also tried […]
- CSR Generation: Tomcat or Apache? While not entirely programming related. I recently purchased a SSL certificate, and during the configuration I need to generate as CSR.
I am running Tomcat behind Apache via mod_jk. I […]
- Whats a simple way to serve http://localhost as https://someOtherDomain? I run a local development web server for testing out code changes.
Often I have to test my local changes with remote services that can only connect securely to another domain.