» Dual booting Windows8 and Ubuntu on 2 separate drives: the allocation slider: What is left what is right
Dual booting Windows8 and Ubuntu on 2 separate drives: the allocation slider: What is left what is right
|August 4, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
So I just added an old 120GB HDD that I scavenged from my dead xbox360 to my computer, and it works perfectly, I have used it already on windows simply to store files.
Now I want to use it to dual boot my existing Windows8 and Ubuntu. When in the installation menu, when it shows me the slider to allocate space, it automatically choses the second HDD(sdb).
As far as I know, the slider is used to choose how many space Windows(left) and Ubuntu(right) has allocated.
But since the second HDD is empty and Windows 8 is on the main HDD, why does it ask me how much to allocate? What is left and what is right?
More Related Questions
- Ubuntu 13.04 – dual boot problem – unable to mount windows 8 partition i installed ubuntu 13.04 alongside windows 8 and almost everything works fine (dual boot for both windows 8 & ubuntu 13.04 is working great).
but when i try to access my windows 8 […]
- I dont get this message: "If you have Linux installed, please reinit its boot loader" I just used Paragon Partition Manager Free Edition 2014 on my Windows 8 to transfer space from one of my Windows logical partition to my Ubuntu Linux partition (I have only one partition […]
- Problems recovering Ubuntu OR Reinstalling Ubuntu alongside Win8 I am trying to get linux back running on my laptop that has Win8.
It used to run before I upgraded to Win8.1 but now, whenever I choose Linux in the boot menu it just returns some […]
- 13.04 – Making Windows Boot Loader the default instead of Grub 2 So basically before Ubuntu 13.04 I was running 12.10. I had Windows Boot Loader the default. If I chose to boot to Ubuntu, it would go into grub, but grub was set to 0 seconds so it would […]
- Dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu, SSD + HDD I am new to linux and Ubuntu and wish to create a system that can boot both Windows 7 (for windows specific applications) and Ubuntu (I wish to become familiar with linux and Ubuntu for […]
- Cannot boot to Ubuntu I have Windows 7 installed on the SSD and the Ubuntu is installed on the HDD
I got no errors after the installation and when I start up the computer it goes directly to windows 7
- Installing Ubuntu and Windows 8 on SSD and user files on HDD Quick note about my system: I have an absolutely clean (in terms of data on hard drives) laptop with a 128gb SSD and 1TB HDD, both secure boot and UEFI can be disabled in bios menu.
- Ubuntu server 14.04.1 not installing to hdd im am trying to install ubnutu server 14.04.1 to the main hdd in a computer from a flashdrive, in the installer i select the hdd as the install location but instead it wipes my flash […]
- Dual Boot Ubuntu 14.04 with Windows 7 on UEFI I just built a new computer last week, and this weekend I got around to attempting to install Ubuntu 14.04 on it besides Windows 7. This is my first experience really using UEFI, so I was […]
- Ubuntu failing to install on seperate HDD, blank screen, flashing cursor I have downloaded Ubuntu 14.04.1 desktop ISO and burned it to a bootable cd and have made a bootable usb drive using both Universal USB Installer and Unetbootin.
I have tried mutliple […]