» Dont get any security updates and recommended updates& cannot fix broken packages
Dont get any security updates and recommended updates& cannot fix broken packages
|May 29, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
I am using Ubuntu 12.04.In my update manager it shows all the other updates,but it doesn’t show any important security updates(precise-security) and recommended updates(precise-recommended) when I try to resolve these problem using the settings option from the update-manager and when I open the ‘updates’ tab it shows all the four check boxes disabled:
and also in the command-line using apt-get it doesn’t shows any errors or warnings but i don’t get those updates.
And also whenever I tried to install new packages through synaptic it shows broken packages and tried to fix it through edit>fix broken packages it shows an error message like this
And when I tried to install those through the software-centre it shows up like this:
More Related Questions
- How to take control over update action? I have message (motd - message of the day) that there's some updates for my server.
Now, if I don't want simply to do what they told me (apt-get update, apt-get upgrade) and to have some […]
- system dont get updates I am using Ubuntu 12.04 and I don't get any updates.
For more than two weeks, whenever I try to check for updates manually it doesn't show any updates in the update manager. Then I tried […]
- Cannot update because of Missing packages (12.04 LTS) I'm not being able to update my Ubuntu 12.04 because of missing packages, how can I solve it?
Here's a link of the error I'm getting every time I want to update:
Thanks in advance […]
- Trouble with " waiting for headers " It seems duplicate but really it's not, I'm really tired of testing all solutions and reaching no success. even I'm thinking about going back to windows because I had several problems with […]
- How to install again Update Manager after uninstalling it Ok, the thing is this
I tried asking many times on few ubuntu forums how to deal with my non-responsive Update Manager, but all I was getting was the same stuff (run it from the terminal, […]
- Ubuntu 12.10 desktop – software updater not starting I have a fully updated version of ubuntu 12.10 and am unable to start the "Software Updater" application, but am able to start the "Ubuntu Software Centre". I have tried sudo aptitude […]
- ERROR MESSAGE: untrusted packages and libdrm-nouveau1a libdrm-radeon1 Ubuntu finds update but when I click on install update, it gives an error. I released that there are some people out there who's getting that message too, but mine is different and non of […]
- Software Updater fails to fetch and download I am totally new to Ubuntu and even though that I have some problems with it I like it a lot. And in the previous version I did solve quite some problems and I was happy that I could. But […]
- update manager keeps crashing but apt-get and aptitude is working Since December last year i already got problems with the update manager it keeps crashing right from starting it, i already sended the crash report multiple times and searching the […]
- "Failed to load the package list" When attempting to remove, install or update software through the Ubuntu Software Center, I came upon an error like this...
Failed to load the package list
This is a serious […]