» Do I have to partition the drive in windows before installing Ubuntu?
Do I have to partition the drive in windows before installing Ubuntu?
|March 8, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
Very quick and simple question but just want to make sure before I go ahead and install. I understand that Ubuntu 12.04.2 comes with the necessary keys to install alongside windows 8 with UEFI and Secureboot.
My question is can I just install via CD from boot and choose install alongside windows and choose partition size in this setup or do I have to partition the drive in windows before installing Ubuntu?
More Related Questions
- Installing ubuntu 14.04 alongside windows8 I install windows 8 and want to install ubuntu 14.04 alongside it but when I boot from usb (Live ubuntu)cann't see my partion and when I use Gparted the whole space is free.(the type of […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 installation doesnt show options to dual-boot with windows 7 I'm trying to install Ubuntu 14.04 64bit to my Acer am3400 and dual-boot with windows 7.
My hard drive already has four partitions: two small ones, the windows 7 and an empty D partition, […]
- Ubuntu Server with ubuntu desktop does not have boot record, but it did when it was just basic server The title says it all.
I started by installing "server" with the ubuntu desktop package, and when it finished and rebooted: nothing. It completed full installation, rebooted, and there […]
- How to Install ubuntu, problems with disk partitions I couldn't install Ubuntu since the unallocated space is not shown in Ubuntu installer or Gparted, and the "Install along side Windows" option is not listed.
Screen shot of Disk […]
- Dual booting Windows8 and Ubuntu on 2 separate drives: the allocation slider: What is left what is right So I just added an old 120GB HDD that I scavenged from my dead xbox360 to my computer, and it works perfectly, I have used it already on windows simply to store files.
Now I want to use […]
- Dual Boot Ubuntu 14.04 with Windows 7 on UEFI I just built a new computer last week, and this weekend I got around to attempting to install Ubuntu 14.04 on it besides Windows 7. This is my first experience really using UEFI, so I was […]
- Problems After Installation I installed ubuntu on my macbook pro running osx 10.9.2 that has 251 gb of flash memory. I used a flash drive that i put ubuntu on using unetbootin, i didn't directly use an iso file but i […]
- Ubuntu doesnt work on my mac, what can I do? i need some help with a macbook. Well, some months ago I have installed ubuntu and kali linux, on a HD external, and it works good on my macbook thanks to refit.
Today I have installed […]
- What Ubuntu should I use for headless operation? I am working on an application that needs to start as soon as the computer powers on but I also need a full Ubuntu distribution for application development and maintenance. The custom X86 […]
- Problems recovering Ubuntu OR Reinstalling Ubuntu alongside Win8 I am trying to get linux back running on my laptop that has Win8.
It used to run before I upgraded to Win8.1 but now, whenever I choose Linux in the boot menu it just returns some […]