» Disabling the display of mounted partitions on Unity launcher
Disabling the display of mounted partitions on Unity launcher
|April 28, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
On Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 32-bit is it possible to disable the displayed shortcut to mounted partitions. I have included a partition that was not present at the installation time in the /etc/fstab file and now the disk image is continuously displayed on the Unity launcher, the system should not display it in my opinion. Is there any way to disable it?
More Related Questions
- java file will not launch from .desktop file – Ubuntu 12.04 LTS I have a bin/bash script-
java -Xms256m -Xmx1g -jar KeeperDesktop.jar
inside an executable text file ( keeper-start)
I have created a .desktop file for it as i want to […]
- How to mount "Hard Disk Drive" on Ubuntu? I recently bought a laptop with pre-loaded Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Windows 8 Pro.I have partitioned the hard disk drive. While using Ubuntu I accidentally clicked on the eject option next to […]
- Configure launcher so that program icons do not stack I would like the icons in my launcher not to stack by program. If you have 2 terminals open, for example, there is one terminal icon in the launcher with 2 sub-categories.
I would like 2 […]
- Best practice for mounting/unmounting loopback devices on a network share? I am looking for a preferred way to automatically mount and unmount disk images (i.e., loopback files) on a network drive.
Unfortunately /etc/init.d/umountnfs does not check for loopback […]
- Internal drive sdc sometimes mounts, but sometimes fails to mount and is assigned sda I am using Ubuntu 13.04 (Kubuntu if it matters) and I have it set up to mount hard drives automatically on start-up (In System Settings under "Removable devices", I have the setting […]
- USB drives are not mounted automatically My USB Drive is not mounted automatically but it has detected through lsusb.
I also used dconf-Editor but it is not working. Every time I have to mount manually through Disk […]
- How to reenable unity – tried the standard stuff While going through my compiz settings, I noticed, that windows decarator is off, and I clicked to turn it on - then clicked yes, before I've read that this will turn off unity.
I tried […]
- Launch bar problem Pls see the attached image, seem to me that I press a key combination that put numbers in my launch bar and not allow it to hide. How can I restore my default launch bar behavior and […]
- Hard drive mounted at / , duplicate mounted hard drive after using MountManager possible duplicate post
I'm running 12.04 64bit. My system is a dual boot for both Ubuntu and Windows7. Both operating systems are sharing the drive named "Elements".
My volume named […]
- SSD on USB 3.0 doesnt always mount The SSD I use is apparently slightly damaged. At the moment it shows this popular Corsair Series 3 problem. Symptoms: the disk is working for some minutes and then just suddenly stops. Two […]