» Digitech USB multi-effect with Jack
Digitech USB multi-effect with Jack
|October 1, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I’m newbie in Ubuntu and I’m having a hard time to work with jack audio. I have started to use Ardour and the problem is the Jack server apparently does not recognize my digitech rp500 pedalboard connected through USB.
When I use it in Windows with Adobe Audition it’s just plug&play. In Ubuntu I have only succeeded with Audacity.
But in the Jack server (in order to use Ardour) only appears in the “Alsa” tab, but never in the “Audio” tab. I can’t figure out how to connect all these components to record my guitar with Ardour. I have tried connecting RP500 out -> Midi in, in the Alsa tab and Midi out-> Ardour in, in the Audio tab, but nothing worked.
Apparently Jack server is working fine since I’ve been able to record something from Yoshimi and the RP500 driver is OK as well, since Audacity works fine with it.
Any help would be appreciate.
Thank you very much!!!
More Related Questions
- audio trouble in xubuntu First things first: I'm running Xubuntu 13.04 on a VM on my iMac. I'm trying to learn how to use Linux and iron out bugs, because I'm hoping to switch from Mac OS to Linux in the future […]
- 13.04 hp laptop dv6t intel quad edition no headphone sound when plugged in this is my alsa output
I have followed this old solution that solved my problem for ubuntu 12.04, but in 13.04 […]
- jackd does not work, aplay -l shows two instances of the same card (Ubuntu 13.04, HDMI audio only) I'm on Ubuntu 13.04, using a ZaReason Zini, which as far as I can tell has no audio output other than its hdmi port. I'm trying to get the Clojure library Overtone working, and ran into […]
- Unable to record from USB sound card line-in connector I've been googling and struggling with this for a while but haven't been able to make this work.
I bought a USB sound card (Encore ENMAB 8-CM) to record from its line-in connector.
- How do I change which audio jacks are used for input and output? I'm using a Realtek HD audio card built-in my motherboard. The Windows driver comes with a control panel that allows me to select which back panel jacks are used for what. So for example I […]
- how do I disable the headphone jack so sound will come out of the speakers? I just installed ubuntu 12.04 (it still has windows 7 on it but I can't access it I don't think) on my moms older and pretty beat up laptop. the thing has a few problems like needing the […]
- No sound from external speakers/headphones (jack) I've got constant problem, after instaling Ubuntu 13.10. I get no sound from the audio jack (speakers, headphones etc) but my internal speakers work right, playing sound as they should. […]
- No audio/sound in Ubuntu 13.04 Issue: No sound comes from built-in speakers and headphone jacks after doing a clean install of Ubuntu 13.04
Setup: Dual-boot with Windows Vista Home Basic (used mainly for Adobe […]
- Sound cuts out in Ubuntu 14.04 Hi Im very new to Ubuntu/Linux. Im on 14.04 LTS. When I start my PC the sound works for a few minutes and the drivers are seen in the sound settings page. After a few minutes the sound […]
- Ubuntu Studio, no sound on any device It's been two days I have tried to make this work. I have 3 sound output : regular audio jack from my soundcard, USB MOTU soundcard, USB Logitech speakers. The latter two seem not to be […]