» Create bootable USB of Ubuntu on Mac for a failed partial ubuntu install
Create bootable USB of Ubuntu on Mac for a failed partial ubuntu install
|August 20, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
So I have 3 computers at my disposal, and would like to wipe my failed partial ubuntu update on COMP1 (which is also locked out from incorrect logins) (originally 12.04, failed partial of 14.04) and do a fresh install of ubuntu 14.04.
I am currently on a Mac (MAC1), and have tried making a bootable USB ubuntu 14.04 installation. I followed the “how to on a mac”, creating an img file from the iso. After copying the img onto the usb, the USB had no success on COMP1 (goes straight to the partially working ubuntu, even when pressing F12 for boot (which is ignored).
I mounted the iso onto COMP1 and copied over all files onto pendrie; with no success (cannot copy over symbolic links)
COMP2 has ubuntu 12.04 installed via CD (with a failed windows 7 install on another partition. Eventual aim is to use ubuntu OS to claim a new windows 7 installation for COMP2)
I feel there are my different routes to try, but do not know how to go about this. How can I create a working bootable usb ubuntu 14.04 installation (preferably from MAC1 but not the end of the world if I can’t) for COMP1?
Extra Info: COMP1 tty1 quotes 14.04 install, but am locked out as stated above (sudo is not possible due to locked out) am attempting this on admin account.
More Related Questions
- How to boot ubuntu on mac I tried many ways to boot Ubuntu on my mac os. I do not have an internal cd drive but wen I tried to install it using the external cd drive(from apple), the drive does not work (Apple made […]
- Bootable Ubuntu USB Stick just not possible on Macbook In case someone else attempts this they should not try any of the following routes when attempting to make a bootable installation or live ubuntu CD. Basically, nothing works and Ubuntu […]
- Mac boot from Ubuntu installed on a USB drive I have a USB drive with Ubuntu installed on it (on a Live USB, it actually has Ubuntu installed on it), and it works seamlessly when I try to boot my PC from it.
When I try to boot my […]
- Ubuntu not booting from CD or USB, how can I make sure OS finds my drive? I've been trying several different installation methods to install Ubuntu on my partition. No matter what kind of installation type (CD or USB), I get the same error message.
At first I […]
- Can I install Ubuntu on an iMac G4 PowerMac6,1 without access to OS X I have an iMac G4 PowerMac6,1 which has already seen some years and I would like to install Ubuntu on it (any version) by overwriting the current OS X installation which I can't and don't […]
- No USB boot. No CD boot. Can I install Ubunto on a Mac Mini? I've been through the answers to similar questions, but they all require USB or CDROM booting. I've installed EFI - it might be that I've not done that correctly, but it boots in EFI, but […]
- Ubuntu 14.04 single install not booting Mac Pro 4.1 So this is what has happened so far...
I tried to install Ubuntu 14.04 Mac version and now the Intel version on my Mac Pro 4.1.
Installation succeeded each time yet when I restart the […]
- Live USB Instructions for Mac dont work for 12.10 The are several guides online (including a few on the ubuntu website) that follow the general pattern of instructions found in this one.
I assume that at some point, this […]
- Make Ubuntu bootable USB drive using Mac? I have a netbook that I want to install Ubuntu onto because Windows is terrible (especially on that). I do have a good mac computer that I can make a bootable USB drive from, but I'm […]
- windows 7 is not installing with USB drive Cannot install windows 7 from USB drive. Since i don't have a DVD/CD-ROM I am habituated to install OS and sofware from USB but after installing UBUNTU 12.04 I wanted to make my system […]