» celery save task to database
celery save task to database
|July 22, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
so in my previous project i used
django-celery but in my current project i am using
djcelery THIS PROJECT IS NO LONGER REQUIRED
Im using Redis as my backend, and i would like to keep track of all the tasks that have executed so that in the future i can do some comparisons like for instance average time that it used to take for a task to complete 6 months ago and now.
I know there are apps like
flower but i find it a little buggy and im not sure the tasks are saved or not. I need something a bit more reliable even if that means creating my own model and forcing celery to save the task and the parameters i want and reading it in the admin.
Is this approach correct or is there a built in celery way to keep track of that information?
More Related Questions
- Celery multi with queues set up not receiving tasks from django I am running my workers with the following command:
celery -A myapp multi start 4 -l debug -Q1:3 queue1,queue2 -Q:4 queue3
The workers start out very well so when i run
- Whats the advantage of using celery with rabbitmq over Redis, MongoDB or Django ORM) Is there a speed advantage, functionality advantage?
Also using Django ORM (mysql), is it a lot slower than using rabbitmq, mongodb or redis?
Im currently hosting on webfaction, and […]
- django celery redis error ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: OK I keep getting the error "ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'OK'" when I am trying to run a delayed task with celery with redis in django. Could some show me what is […]
- Shared XMPP connection between Celery workers My web app needs to be able to send XMPP messages (Facebook Chat), and I thought Celery might be a good solution for this. A task would consist of querying the database and sending the […]
- Understanding difference between celery and celery milti? When I run Celery with one worker with celery worker -A myapp -l info, everything is fine, tasks are performed.
But when I run celery multi start 2 -Q:1 message_send -Q:2 message_manager […]
- Cancel an already executing task with Celery? I am new to Django and Celery. I have been reading the doc and searching but cannot seem to find a straight answer:
Can you cancel an already executing task? (as in the task has started, […]
- How to apply Celery signals to a group of tasks I want to do some processing before and after a group of tasks is run. I know I can connect a single task to task_prerun and task_postrun signals, but I'm using task.chunks and need to […]
- Best Practices for running celery on heroku Lets say I have the following processes declared in my Procfile
web: newrelic-admin run-program python manage.py run_gunicorn -b 0.0.0.0:$PORT -w 9 -k gevent --max-requests 250 --preload […]
- Monitoring with Celery Flower Since Celery docs recommends using flower for monitoring, I am trying to get it to work with a hosted RabbitMQ provider (CloudAMQP)
celery flower […]
- How to store IP address in the database and django admin Would like to store IP address of everybody who is coming to the site. What is the best approach to do this. Lets say have model
pub_date = […]