» Cant boot in windows 8 after upgrade to 14.04
Cant boot in windows 8 after upgrade to 14.04
|April 21, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
As advised I am asking here about my problem. After upgrade to ubuntu 14.04 I can’t boot in windows 8.1. Right away after upgrade I noticed that few of my previous options are missing in grub. Then I tried booting in ubuntu and it works. But booting windows doesn’t. I only get error reading file for less than a second and than it returns me back in grub. I tried boot-repair with live cd in ubuntu 13.10 as advised. It ran through and it give me this http://paste.ubuntu.com/7299246/. I would be really grateful if someone would check it and tell me if something is wrong. Or give some advice.
More Related Questions
- Win 8.1 wont boot I have read alot about dual booting ubuntu and windows, but I have not seen an answer to my situation. I have an HP G17 laptop. I removed the HD and put in a 240 GB SSD and installed Win […]
- Upgrading from 13.10 to 14.04 broke Grub I have a dual boot Ubuntu + Windows 8 on an UEFI system. Everything was ok until I upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 from 13.10.
Now what I get when I boot the pc is a grub rescue screen like this […]
- Cant read Ubuntu partition on Windows 8 I installed Ubuntu 14.04 with a Live CD, and it seemed to work. However, when I boot into Windows 8, it shows up as Unallocated space. When I use Gparted, it shows up properly. I wanted to […]
- Windows not booting in dual boot with Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7 I have dual Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7 installed in my PC.
I installed Ubuntu after Windows, and I have issues with GRUB. After installing Ubuntu, there was no boot loader in the start up, […]
- Cant install Windows as dual boot after Ubuntu I've a quite complicated problem related to dual boot of Ubuntu and Windows 7.
At first I had Windows 7 installed in my laptop but then when I tried to dual boot with Ubuntu 14.04, I […]
- Ubuntu 12.04 fails to boot from hard drive I have Ubuntu 12.04 in a dual-boot system with Windows XP in another partition. I used the live CD to perform the install and create the partitions. It has been running for about 2 weeks […]
- Problem while Dual booting windows 8 pro with Ubuntu 13.10 I have a HP Pavilion-15-n004tx laptop. It supports UEFI. However when i installed Windows 8 on it, i disabled the UEFI and installed the Windows in Legacy BIOS mode. I wanted to dual boot […]
- Ubuntu 12.04 & Grub on Macbook Several months ago I installed Ubuntu in an external 500MB USB disk (and on an old MacBook4,1).
with a GPT Partition table and partitioned as following:
an unique ext4 […]
- Laptop wont boot after I deleted Ubuntu partition I'd installed an Ubuntu distro alongside Windows 8 that I didn't like. I was going to replace it with standard Ubuntu, but it was having trouble, so I deleted the Ubuntu partition from […]
- Windows 7 hangs up after Ubuntu dual-boot installation I recently installed Ubuntu 13.10 using the Linux Live USB creator to create a live USB and then booting/installing from that drive.
Everything seemed to go smoothly. I first tested […]