» Can rhythmbox play media on my DLNA TV?
Can rhythmbox play media on my DLNA TV?
|April 2, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
I have rygel configured as DLNA server and it autostarts with my session –> Cool
On my TV I can browse/play the music, but the interface with the remote is horrible. –> Not cool
So the question is, can I let rhythmbox find my music hosted by rygel [it can, I found that], but more important, can it somehow tell my TV to play that music file?
Edit: So the end goal is to be listen to my music playing on the TV while working, and use my media keys/rhythmbox UI to change songs, without turning my head and get cranky while pushing the remote buttons.
More Related Questions
- Adding alternative media source folders to Rygel I recently setup Rygel on my laptop to play my media collection from a Raspberry Pi running XBMC. It works well so far, however, I cannot seem to find a way to add any other folder to the […]
- Ubuntu 13.10 Desktop and Rhythmbox Ubuntu newbie just installing 13.10 desktop. Does the version of Rhythmbox included with 13.10 natively support DLNA such that I can send music to my whole-house receiver.
If not […]
- Could UPnP control point display UI on Media Render i've need to design UPnP control point device to remote control DLNA-certified TV box.
The question is could UPnP control point display UI on Media Render ? What I mean is how I could […]
- Streaming media files via DLNA/UPnP using python I'm currently running Raspbmc on my Raspberry Pi and activated UPnP streaming an rendering.
My goal is to write a simple python to stream a video or music playlist.
I've tried Coherence, […]
- Search DLNA(Upnp) media renderers for remoteplayback I am trying to write a DLNA application using the Cling Java library. I Can able to search all the media servers in the DLNA network and play the content also. But i need to search Media […]
- Routing video stream traffic through Android phone I want an Android phone to control a video stream playback on a Samsung Smart TV. I can send a UPnP command to the TV with a URL to the video stream. Unfortunately the Samsung TV don't […]
- music cant play and says "need to install plugins" my Ubuntu 12.10 rhythm box cant play any songs apart from the ones that were installed with it. it says that no plugins installed and when i try to install them they can not be found […]
- How do I play just one song in Rhythmbox? In Windows Media Player, when I right click one song and then click play, it plays just one song (it doesn't advance to the next track when song finishes), and when I double click a song, […]
- Access DLNA TV with Java code I want to control my DLNA TV from my Java program on my PC. In particular, I want to:
discover if there's a TV in the LAN
check whether it is currently ON (for a first step)
later send […]
- Rhythmbox starts playing last song on album This feels like a silly question, but I have a habit of navigating to my music directory using Nautilus, navigating to an album folder and using Ctrl + A then Return to play, which […]