» Can I merge these partitions or will it break my chromebook?
Can I merge these partitions or will it break my chromebook?
|April 9, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
Ok I am a linux beginner and I need some serious help. Product info: Acer c7 chromebook with chromeOS and xubuntu 12.04 (i think) dual booted using ‘crouton’.
My problem is that my main/root partition is too small. This is where all of my packages get installed and it’s always on the brink of being out of space. I need to install something big on it OR find a way to install packages to my larger partition, but from what I’ve read that’s not easy or practical.
So I’ve been doing a lot of reading on this site about merging/resizing partitions and I can’t tell if this will work for me or not. I don’t know what a primary or logical partition means. I’ve taken some screenshots of my lsblk and parted -l results, and how my partitions show in Gparted.
I need my 300 GB partition to be merged in with my “/” directory if possible…
So can I merge my partitions #6 and #7 or are they incompatible since one is kernel unformatted and the other is ext4?
Can I merge #7 and #1?
… #1, 6 and 7?
Ugh. Help please.
More Related Questions
- Reading Partition Start and End in TestDisk I'm using TestDisk in an attempt to recover a partition gone terribly awry. Identifying the partition in question should simply be a matter of simply recognizing the location in the disk […]
- GPT partition scheme I'm reinstalling my operating systems to use GPT and am willing to do it properly this time... I'm intending to use the following partition scheme:
|-- sda1 500 MiB EFI
|-- sda2 100 […]
- Formatting and Partitioning SSD Help? So I just installed Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on my netbook and was going through the things to do to optimize my SSD (https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/ssd) Steps 5 and 6 tell me […]
- swap partition not working on ver 13.10 It's a 3 day old install of Ubuntu 13.10
I set my partitions up correctly beforehand with Gparted(you'll have to trust me on that)
swap partition was formatted as linux-swap and given 6gb […]
- Cant boot into Windows 7 EFI GPT after recovery operation My question, or rather issue, is in the extent of this previous case in which I wanted to grow my Linux (ext4) partition. The partition /dev/sda6 was in the way of doing this and since it […]
- Partitioning an external hard drive for Linux I want to partition an external SSD hard drive (30GB) for Ubuntu. What is the proper size for main partition, Swap partition and for the rest? I want to use remaining disk space to store […]
- Two Volumes? Want to Merge! I apologize ahead of time for how confusing this may be. I am very new to things such as partitions, disks, and hard drives.
When I installed Ubuntu there were two options, install on a […]
- How to Install ubuntu, problems with disk partitions I couldn't install Ubuntu since the unallocated space is not shown in Ubuntu installer or Gparted, and the "Install along side Windows" option is not listed.
Screen shot of Disk […]
- Nautilus doesnt see free space but GParted does I've recently moved my system partition in order to install some Windows and now Nautilus reports 0 free space at /home partition (and the total size seems to be incorrect as well)
- Move unallocated space so it can be assigned to an existing partition I have an issue that I cannot seem to solve, please see the following screenshot:
The circles represent the key symbols which aren't removed even during live session from a bootable USB […]