» Calculating a directory size using Python?
Calculating a directory size using Python?
|September 8, 2009
Posted by forumadmin
Before i re-invent this particular wheel, has anybody got a nice routine for calculating the size of a directory using Python? It would be very nice if the routine would format the size nicely in Mb/Gb etc. Thanks.
More Related Questions
- Python: Turtle size in pixels I have got a problem. I want to get the pixeled size of my turtle in Python, but how do I get it? Asked By - ProgrammingDonkey Read Answers
- How do you get a directory listing sorted by creation date in python? What is the best way to get a list of all files in a directory, sorted by date [created | modified], using python, on a windows machine? Asked By - […]
- how to list all files of a directory in python How can I list all files of a directory in python, and add them to a list? Asked By - duhhunjonn Read Answers
- How to import a Python class that is in a directory above? I want to inherit from a class in a file that lies in a directory above the current one.
Is it possible to relatively import that file? Asked By - […]
- Find current directory and files directory In python what command can I use to find both (two different commands of course) the current directory (where I was in terminal when executed) and where the file I am executing is? […]
- How to find the real user home directory using python? I see that if we change the HOME(linux) or USERPROFILE(windows) environmental variable and run a python script, it returns the new value as the user home when I […]
- Determine total size of SVN directory/trunk Is there a way to count/calculate the total size of a svn directory if you were to checkout a revision?
I have limited internet downloads so I need to know how big something is before I […]
- How to get directory folder property in Win32 API? I want to get directory folder property such as: Date Created, Size, Folder Name,... in WIN32 API using C/C++. What can I do?
Thanks for helping, Asked By - Van Der […]
- An if statement that always returns true even when it should return false I've seen many references in many forums to this statement in regards to uploading files
if ($_FILES["file"]["size"] < 20000)
Yet when I use this, it seems that no matter what the […]
- Best font size for Latex Beamer I am preparing a presentation in latex using the beamer package. I am wondering what font size "pros" who give a lot of presentations use to make sure people in the back of the room can […]