» BIRT beforeOpen method gets new HttpSession object
BIRT beforeOpen method gets new HttpSession object
|September 13, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I have a JEE web application (webapp1) with BIRT 3.7.1 integrated. We have few reports and one of the report params is hidden and the value is fetched implicitly from session object.This is done by using scripted dataset and below is the single line used to map the hidden input param of report to the session attribute. Below is the snippet of code from BIRT logs. This works great in webapp1.
Now I am integrating the same reports in another web application (webapp2). The above report which worked fine in webapp1, is not able to find the session attribute in webapp2. I debugged and saw that the session id in the cookie while accessing BIRT’s frameset servlet is the same as the web application session. I am not able to understand why BIRT is not able to get the same session where the session attribute was set. The session attribute is set in a JSP page of the web application 2.
BIRT integration above is nothing but embedding all the BIRT files/folders in the web application. This is same as the BIRT runtime sample. The web container being used in Tomcat7.
More Related Questions
- Reporting Engine or Own reports?(Resolved) My current task is to produce a report on a collection of fairly large linear data set (ie where value 10 depends upon some average factors from 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 etc
The problem also is that […]
- Configuring session cookies in Weblogic I'm pretty new to Weblogic and I'm currently trying to convert a web application that I've been running using Tomcat on my local machine to work with Weblogic since our production servers […]
- How does the HttpSession object get bound to the browser? I'm using a load balancer with Tomcat7 and right now our HttpSession object always returns a new session. My guess is that the information that binds the browser to the server isn't being […]
- i need to redirect page after particular session count I am creating one web application, in that application im creating sessionlistener. In that session listener if condition is not working how to redirect page to another page after reaching […]
- Jsp not setting session variable after form submission I have a simple login form, in jsp, that when clicked checks the user and logs them in by setting a session variable called loggedIn.
It appears to set the session variable after I […]
- Why 1 of 3 parametres of session is null (Java), but in servlet is not null The username in JSP in null, why? in servlet I don't have null parameter. name and familiya are working well, only username is null.
HttpSession session = […]
- Jsp session & Rediretion I am new in jsp. I am trying to do redirection to login page when expire the session.
String sessionUser = null;
sessionUser = […]
- What is the current state of art reporting and charting tool in Java web applications? We are looking to integrate a reporting and charting tool in our web application. The web application is based on GWT, Spring and Hibernate. The candidates that we are evaluating are
- Isolation of sessions and interface parameters Java EE we have a JavaEE Web application that runs on Tomcat5 server (jsp, java and extjs are used on development of this tool).
We observe sometimes, particularly when the application is highly […]
- Getting Session Information in Axis Framework Background
I login the application and a session is created and then I make a web service request via axis, now in web service I need to get all the default data that current user has […]