» Basic Authentication with Flash
Basic Authentication with Flash
|October 27, 2009
Posted by forumadmin
This is *** unbelievable! Flash programmers are familiar with the example:
var req:URLRequest = new URLRequest("http://yoursite.com/yourservice.ext");
req.method = URLRequestMethod.POST;
req.data = new URLVariables("name=John+Doe");
var encoder:Base64Encoder = new Base64Encoder();
var credsHeader:URLRequestHeader = new URLRequestHeader("Authorization", "Basic " + encoder.toString());
var loader:URLLoader = new URLLoader();
OK… great… that realy works. As you can see I manually add a header Authorization for Basic HTTP authentication. BUT… if I change request metod from POST to GET, the header is not generated.
Is there anyone that knows a solution?
More Related Questions
- How should a client pass a facebook access token to the server? On every call to my REST API, I require clients to pass user's facebook access token, which authenticates the user. What's best practice for passing this token?
maybe as a parameter […]
- RESTful best practice for authentication and thank all of you for viewing this question.
I am not sure to on how do this so i am asking for the community help on this matter.
I read int his post Can you help me understand this? […]
- Nutch: Authentication via putting a cookie in the header I am surprised that there is so little support or information out there for getting Nutch to be able to crawl parts of a website that require authentication.
I am aware that maybe Apache […]
- Flash as3 – short interval http polling I would like to use http polling instead of socket in my flash application.
Does http polling every 0.5 seconds can be problematic? (In terms of synchronization and performance). […]
- Why the Ruby on Rails action "destroy" is not named "delete"? The CRUD principle defines the four basic operations on persistent data:
HTTP verbs also use the DELETE word.
Why does the default routing in Rails use […]
- iOS/Cocoa – NSURLSession – Handling Basic HTTPS Authorization [edited to provide more information]
(I'm not using AFNetworking for this project. I may do so in future, but wish to resolve this problem/misunderstanding first.)
I cannot […]
- Securing an API: SSL & HTTP Basic Authentication vs Signature When designing an API for our web app, we'll use the their subdomain as the 'username' and generate an API key/shared secret. Firstly, is it ok to use the subdomain as the username? I […]
- SharePoint : How to authenticate user using REST webservices I am developing a mobile app which will integrate sharepoint features using it's REST api's.
All the GET webservice are working but for POST webservices authentication token is required […]
- HTTP authentication works correctly on local server but incorrectly on remote server Can anyone please tell me why on a remote server when I type the correct username and password, it still tells me that the password is incorrect, while on a local server it all works fine? […]
- Cookie based authentication in C# i have big problem with two wpf applications.
We change the authentication on the server from basic http TO cookie based authentication,token. These two apps use RestSharp to authenticate […]