» Are all apt-get packages available on 64 bit ubuntu version available on the ARM version?
Are all apt-get packages available on 64 bit ubuntu version available on the ARM version?
|July 23, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
I’m going to be traveling for 4 months and want to get a $200 chromebook and out Ubuntu server on it rather than risk loosing my macbook pro.
I’m developer and use apt-get all the time, so wanted to know if all 32/64bit packages are made available for the ARM version or if only a subset.
Some of the stuff I use often are Apache, node, mongodb, mysql, ruby, php etc.
More Related Questions
- Enable acpi on Ubuntu 13.04 ARM ChromeBook I've just recently installed Ubuntu 12.04 onto my Samsung ARM Chromebook, using http://chromeos-cr48.blogspot.com/2013/05/chrubuntu-one-script-to-rule-them-all_31.html, then upgraded to […]
- Ubuntu ARM 13.4 I am looking at purchasing a Samsung Chromebook with the integrated 3G (Exynos5 based one). I am trying to find out if the following packages are available in the Ubuntu arm version that […]
- Flash for Ubuntu ARM? How would I get flash to work on Ubuntu 12.04 on an ARMv7 processor Chromebook? If there is no direct method then would it be possible for me to some how use the Chromebooks built in flash […]
- How to Add Backports repository to ubuntu on arm I have installed ubuntu, 12.04 lts, on my chromebook via chroot and I want to add the backports repository to my sources.list file.
The problem I have is that I cannot figure out what is […]
- How to use Ubuntu on ARM Samsung Chromebook I'm still fairly new to linux as a disclaimer. I'm currently on the ChromeOS side of my ARM Samsung Chromebook, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the Ubuntu desktop up and […]
- Is it required to update from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04? I am using Ubuntu 12.04 on my Samsung Chromebook and I have found that Ubuntu 14.04 does not work with unity on my Chromebook. So do I have to update Ubuntu to 14.04 now or can I continue […]
- Ubuntu and ARM: Why half the packages are missing? So, I'm on an ARM Chromebook and trying to install nodejs/npm.
When I do sudo apt-get install nodejs, I have two dependencies missing: libv8 and libc-ares2. But these packages are […]
- List of available ubuntu packages for ARM processors? Is there a list where I can prefilter architecture:arm and all ported packages appear?
Up to now I just searched by trial and error, e.g. entered the name of the package (in […]
- How to make packages for ARM in Launchpad? When I request builds in this recipe it only creates 32 bit and 64 bit packages. How to create packages for ARM?
I am using Quickly. Asked By - Archisman […]
- How to: Install Arm cross compilation for GCC4.8 in Ubuntu 12.04 First off, I'm new to Linux and have installed ubuntu 12.04 as a VM to compile code to an ARM dev. kit. Since only the 12.04 version is supported on the dev. kit I'm unable to install e.g. […]