» Apache will not serve Django static files
Apache will not serve Django static files
|September 29, 2014
Posted by forumadmin
EDIT: I added the STATIC_ROOT and I was able to collectstatic files, but it still doesn’t serve them after server restart.
I’ve tried ./manage.py collectstatic and get this error:
ImproperlyConfigured("You're using the staticfiles app "
django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: You're using the staticfiles app without
having set the STATIC_ROOT setting to a filesystem path.
My settings.py file is here:
My httpd.conf file is here:
If someone could please let me know exactly how to configure this so that Apache will serve django’s static files, that would be great. I’m running Ubuntu on AWS with a mysql db. The filepath to the site on the server is: /home/ubuntu/nxt4.com/nxt4/
Thanks in advance
More Related Questions
- Adding django site to apache2 on ubuntu when already hosting rstudio and rapache I've built a django site for managing some of the data rstudio and rapache use. I'd like to deploy it to the same box, either on a different port or on a different directory, but my […]
- apache – Cant connect to apache local server between ubuntu and android I will try to explain this as briefly as possible, I was developing an app on Android Studio, running an emulator genymotion on Vbox, after finishing everything and running the django […]
- Apache wamp, zend framework installation issue (permission issue and more) I am trying to install zend framework very very naive looked up in the internet for setting but when i apply those settings it doesn't work. I get the following error
- Forbidden You dont have permission to access / on this server I have configure my Apache by myself and try to load phpMyAdmin on virtual host, but received "403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server".
- Error message "Forbidden You dont have permission to access / on this server" I have configured my Apache by myself and have tried to load phpMyAdmin on a virtual host, but I received:
403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server
- Including .htaccess in apache2.conf with AllowOverride None slows down Apache?
If you have access to the main server configuration file (usually called httpd.conf), you should add the logic from the .htaccess file in, for example, a <Directory> section in […]
- Apache virtual hosts on OSX 10.9.1 I've set up everything according to
And then followed the guide for virtual hosts config […]
- Apache could not be started – ServerRoot must be a valid directory and Unable to find the specified module i'm using xampp portable server and i'm having some trouble with apache http server, it says "ServerRoot must be a valid directory"
Command line output:
Please close this command only […]
- AWS EC2 ubuntu Server permission issue I am using
AWS EC2 instance as file instance and install ubuntu 14 as os and apche2 as web server and running magento system
Info1:i do not create any apache user group from […]
- Apache Rewrite Rule that Only redirects traffic on even timestamps I am trying to create an apache redirect rule that will redirect half of my traffic to one location.
The way I want to do this is by only redirecting traffic that arrives with an even […]