android AutoCompleteTextView white on white Dropdown list
|April 19, 2011||Posted by forumadmin under TechQns||
breaking my head here, i have searched online for quite a bit and it seems this was a bug on android before but have not found a solution yet.
I have a AutoCompleteTextView:
autodesignations = (AutoCompleteTextView) findViewById(R.id.main_autocomp); adapterShapesAuto = new ArrayAdapter<String>(this,android.R.layout.simple_dropdown_item_1line, shapes); autodesignations.setAdapter(adapterShapes);
the widget works, but the dropdown text is always white text on white background.
I have tried setting the resource for the adapter to several combinations of android’s built-in layouts & also my own.
Even pointing it to a TextView resource being also use for a Spinner (which works as expected, black text on white background), but have found no way of making this work, keep getting the same results
|Asked By – dhomes||Read Answers|
More Related Questions
- Widget for turning on/off camera flashlight in android I am developing a widget for turning on/off camera led of phone. I have made a widget that can work like toggle button (on/off). Behavior is like follows : Sometimes the led light […]
- how to add multiple widgets in one app? I've just finished my Android widget. Now I need to have different sizes of this wiget for the user to choose from. for example I need a medium, small and large size widget. so when the […]
- How to put multiple widget sizes in one apk? What I'm trying to do is have a clock widget of different sizes (i.e. 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 etc) in one apk and a configuration activity to be able to select which size to add. From what i've […]
- Scrolling drop-down-menu over the keyboard in autocompletetextview I have an Autocompletetextview dropping down the suggestions list, up to the border of the soft-keyboard. Then, when scrolling over the suggestions list: - (in a gingerbread phone) the […]
- Dont show image in imageview in gridview on appwidget I am creating my first widget for my android application, my widget consists of a gridview but after showing the configuration window and save it, the widget does not display pictures in […]
- How should I approach updating my widget? I just created my first ever widget and it all went well until I got to the part where I'm supposed to set when it updates. Here's my code to make my question clear: Android […]
- Cant use android spinner drawable? I'm trying to use one of Android's spinner drawables (spinner_black_16, spinner_black_20, spinner_black_48, or spinner_black_76) as demonstrated on this page. My project is using SDK 2.1, […]
- AutoCompleteTextview Color set white by default I used an AutoCompleteTextView in my android app and it is working correctly. The only problem I am facing is that the color of the suggestions is white by default that is i am not able to […]
- Android Actionbar SearchView as Autocomplete? I am using a SearchView in the Action bar. I want to use autocomplete feature on the search veiw to get results from the Database ? Is this Possible ? Or do i need to use a custom text […]
- select any item from a list of 10,000 items in android I try to search through the questions to see if there is any similar thread to my problem but so far haven't found any. Here is my problem is: I have a list of products which contains […]