» Alternatives to Windows Phone 8 Emulator
Alternatives to Windows Phone 8 Emulator
|May 1, 2013
Posted by forumadmin
I have a computer with Windows 8 Enterprise (Evaluation) and an Intel Q8300 CPU (which does not support SLAT as far as I know).
I also own a Samsung ATIV S – Windows Phone 8 smartphone.
I would like to develop Windows Phone 8 app(s) but the emulator won’t run on my PC. What are my options? Can I plug the phone via the USB cable and debug the app on it? Or this will also require a developer account (which I hear is 100 US dollars per year)?
More Related Questions
- Alternatives to Hyper-V to run the Windows Phone emulator I recently bought a Windows 8 laptop just for the sake of developing Windows Phone Apps. Mine is not a Pro version hence Hyper-V does not run. (I realized that Hyper-V needs WinPro after I […]
- VS2012 cant connect to WP8 emulator I use
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core (support Hyper-V)
Visual Studio 2012 update 2
Latest Windows Phone 8 SDK
My problem: Visual Studio can't connect to […]
- Windows Phone 8 emulator cant connect to the internet I have Windows 8 installed inside of an emulator, and the new WP8 SDK installed on it. My problem is that the emulator can't connect to the internet. I don't have any proxy, and even […]
- Windows Phone Emulator requires missing Hyper-V I'm beginner in Windows Phone 8, I installed Windows Phone 8 SDK and when I started the emulator I had this error message
"The Windows Phone Emulator requires Hyper-V. Your PC is […]
- Designer not loading in Visual Studio 2012 express edition on Windows 8 pro I recently installed Windows 8 64 bit Pro edition on my laptop. After whcih I installed Visual Studio 2012 express edition on it, then I registered myself online for a developer […]
- Cannot create Windows Phone 8 project in Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate I have a copy of Visual Studio 2102 installed on my computer. Since my computer met all the requirements for the emulator (SLAT, Hardware Assisted Virtualization etc.), i downloaded the […]
- After upgrading to Windows 8.1, unable to run Windows Phone emulator without memory error After I updated my Samsung Series 9 SSD laptop with 8GB of RAM to Windows 8.1, (not even a year old, and top-of-line when purchased last november), I am now unable to run the Windows Phone […]
- Windows phone development – cant run emulator with internet connection Background
A few years ago I was developing for C#, WPF and Silverlight and then moved to developing for Android.
I've decided to give Windows phone a try, and install the newest Visual […]
- Browsing Windows Phone 8 file system in the emulator Is there a way to browse the file system of Windows Phone 8 running in the emulator, preferably while the emulator is running?
It would make debugging much easier if I could access the […]
- Windows Phone 8 Geolocator returns fake location on emulator I've tried to show my location in xaml windows phone 8 app. But always when I try to find my current location I get the fake microsoft location, even with the default maps app. For […]